Thread: slow day until the "Po Po" flashed the badge !

slow day until the "Po Po" flashed the badge !

Got out with Donnie B , and Mr. Ron Yingling on Sunday . A good three plus mile hike along some very old abandon roads , i recorded about 4 to 5 old homesites and told the boys i had a good feeling about this adventure. Donnie did good but Ron had the hot coil and claimed a couple of old coppers , shoe buckle frame and gold plated ring i sometimes hate that guy

other than a few buttons my best find didn't show up until after noon time but it was worth it Name:  police badge uncleaned.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  60.3 KB , this was just a short distance from a 1700's era cellar hole but i'm pretty sure its much later maybe late 1800's form the attachment pin Name:  police badge reverse.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  78.8 KB but i could tell it was a real silver plated badge and with just water and clr it cleaned up very bright Name:  police badge cleaned.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  76.5 KB .

get out there the weather is about perfect for hiking and detecting .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Nice find Dan and it cleaned up pretty nicely . I got fooled by your post title , I was expecting that you had a run in with " The Man" .

That badge cleaned up very well. I have never seen one with that shape.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

That Badge is Gorgeous!!!!
    Great find
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

So pretty, Dan...love the font!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

That's an amazing find Dan! Are you able to find the names of the people that lived in the home to see if there was any history of who was the policeman?
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Wow look at that shine! Quality plating under that dirt. Cool find Dan.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Elite Member
    Great recovery. Found a few toy badges but nothing that was the real deal. Great find. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

That badge is incredible, Dan! It's crazy how well it cleaned up. What a wonderful piece of history!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

That is one heck of a find Dan and I am guessing very unexpected. Too bad the pin in the back is too corroded, might wear that one all the time

Damn, I love this hobby. Seeing all you guys/gals pull stuff out of the ground like this is just awesome!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    Nice find Dan and it cleaned up pretty nicely . I got fooled by your post title , I was expecting that you had a run in with " The Man" .
    Thanks George , like the hobby I try to keep you guessing .

Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    That badge cleaned up very well. I have never seen one with that shape.
    It is an odd shape , it rang off like a typical shallow shotgun shell signal and to be honest after digging many prior to this i did contemplate not digging up , maybe if it hadn't been so close to the old homesite it still be there. to say i was surprised would of been a huge understatement. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    That Badge is Gorgeous!!!!
    Great find
    Thanks Don , I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    So pretty, Dan...love the font!
    Me too ! Thank you sir .

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    That's an amazing find Dan! Are you able to find the names of the people that lived in the home to see if there was any history of who was the policeman?
    You know Roger , I haven't . The homesite was clearly 1700's era and the house location isn't on any town maps and i'm pretty sure it was abandon or burnt down decades and decades before the time of this badge . I do know there was a lot of lumber/forest cutting and charcoal processing in these woods around the era of this badge's timeline. hopefully i can find more info from this .Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Wow look at that shine! Quality plating under that dirt. Cool find Dan.
    Thank you Jeff , Donnie's Connecticut copper coin may be a very unique or completely new variety

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin digger View Post
    Great recovery. Found a few toy badges but nothing that was the real deal. Great find. WD
    Yeah toy badges and cap guns are something i've encountered as well , Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    That badge is incredible, Dan! It's crazy how well it cleaned up. What a wonderful piece of history!

Thank you Tony , I love the unpredictability that this hobby sometimes gives us !

Quote Originally Posted by badgers325 View Post
    That is one heck of a find Dan and I am guessing very unexpected. Too bad the pin in the back is too corroded, might wear that one all the time

Damn, I love this hobby. Seeing all you guys/gals pull stuff out of the ground like this is just awesome!
    it was a very unexpected welcome site , thanks

I couldn't believe it when you called out that you had found a badge. I really couldn't believe it when I was looking at it with my own eyes. What an awesome find. That's twice now that the "badge lightening" has hit you out in the woods. Congrats!
    XP Deus

Banner Find!
    XP Deus

Reminds me of my Hawkers and Peddler badge from 1925 but mine is chrome plated not silver plated. Love badges. Yours is way awesome!!

Very nice find on the badge and it cleaned up very well. As far as getting out, I won't be doing that for a while. Temps in the upper 90s and heat indexes topping 108 are not ideal for hunting. Hopefully the creeks will dry up enough to get in them. I guess I will just have go to my man cave and look at some of my older finds. That should keep me busy for an hour or two.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    Very nice find on the badge and it cleaned up very well. As far as getting out, I won't be doing that for a while. Temps in the upper 90s and heat indexes topping 108 are not ideal for hunting. Hopefully the creeks will dry up enough to get in them. I guess I will just have go to my man cave and look at some of my older finds. That should keep me busy for an hour or two.
    I hear you on that ... when the summer comes around its really miserable to be in the woods with the heat , mosquitoes , ticks , humidity and overwhelming foliage covering most sites . Thats the time to hit the creek beds for native points or water detecting . Thanks for the comments on the badge .

Dan

Nice find Edward
    Dig Colonial or Go Home

Personal Website www.cttodd.com