Hi all,

Hope this note finds you well. I see many of you are finding interesting things this year and am looking forward to seeing more! It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've not forgotten, so here's a few shots of an unmapped colonial homesite I found this past September in the northern CT River Valley of Vermont after doing some heavy research through mainly old texts. Ended up with 6 old coppers, a fish scale Half Dime and a Shield Nickel for coins, including a worn '96 Liberty Cap (no date, but a thin variety which isolated the date down for me). The counterstamped "2" on one of the coppers still has me puzzled as I thought initially it could've been some sort of old military button, but it rings up high like a copper, is blank on the back with no shank and feels like one so I'll leave it at that. I'm also curious what any of you think about the long and narrow piece at the bottom of the first shot. It's thin and decorative as you can see on the front, and blank with 2 small attachment pieces on the back. At first I thought it may be a woman's/girl's barrette, but I think it's a bit too big for that. Thanks for looking and I'll be sure to post more from some other sites I found this summer/fall in the weeks ahead. As always, you can find me on IG under the same BTV Digger handle.

John

Name:  Wideshot 1.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  95.5 KBName:  Wideshot 2.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  96.3 KBName:  Liberty Cap.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  66.5 KBName:  DC2.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  37.9 KB