Thread: Last Week (bucket lister)

Last Week (bucket lister)

I found 7 crotals last week at one site and then another turned up today in the standing barn I've been visiting. More keys too!
    The Prince of Wales ornament is the second I've found this year and third overall. The fancy font on the harmonica plate belies its probable 1930s age.
    ...and my bucket lister is the clay pipe! So excited when I found it!
    Thanks for looking!
    PS found my first oxshoe in months
    Darn Nox let me down...it sounded like large sheet metal, perfect 17 all directions.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Looking Great Drew!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

very nice quality of finds Drew !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Very nice Drew! Saddle shields are always nice to find and I love the keys! 7 crotals huh? Only 99 behind me now.
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

WTG Drew! Never found a clay pipe before. Was it in a hole you were digging or surface find? Where is the picture of the oxen shoe?

Love the keys. That little key too!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Great finds! The large harmonica plate is interesting. Made in Germany certainly still had value back then. The Sousa Band harmonicas I found on the internet are all made in China. How does this saddle shield date? I have seen some of the Confederate ones but none with such nice engraving. Yours faithfully

Thanks, everyone!

99 behind you on the crotals sounds about right, John

I did find that pipe on the surface, Darryl...my only eyeball bucket lister left is an arrow head.
    I didn't even want to admit I dug an ox shoe never mind post a pic

I wish I knew when that saddle shield was made, Menzi...people are saying Federalist time period.
    So German Hohner instruments are made in China?
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 11-16-2021 at 06:44 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Ox shoe but no ox knobs. You must have been very disappointed Drew. I've never found an intact pipe bowl. Check out Nicola White's Mud larking vids on youtube if you want to see some great clay pipe recoveries.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Check out Nicola White's Mud larking vids on youtube if you want to see some great clay pipe recoveries.
    ...and she turns her finds into art too! I love her vids. Clay pipes must have been crazy popular in London years ago. Thanks, Jeff!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    So German Hohner instruments are made in China?
    Yes, unfortunately, they are now made in Taiwan and China. Like so much and more and more.

In case you missed it , once again Drew , congratulations on your awesome finds and great pictures . That's
    quite an impressive score on the old skeleton keys ! Congrats on your bucket lister clay pipe also , I'm thinking
    chances of me finding one of those in my neck of the woods are more than several millions to one .

Elite Member
    Great recoveries. As a kid we had a place where a lot of Ox shoes showed up and I wish I would of saved them. I have never found one since. Thx for posting. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes