Thread: Back in the USA - A Couple Good Finds

Back in the USA - A Couple Good Finds

Hello Diggers,
    Now that I am back in the USA and settled into my new home and job I have been able to get out 3 times detecting. The first 2 hunts were with Don and Noah up in Northern Illinois. The 3rd trip was to Indiana where we were hosted by Tony Two-cent. Why do I always pick the cold, windy, and rainy days to go detecting? LOL. I had a blast with the guys. It was nice to see them again after 4 years. Here are my keepers:

I think my favorite is the holed 1867 2-cent. The iron staining around the hole show this was probably worn on a necklace, perhaps by someone born in that year.

#7 crotal bell
    1920's Health Crusader badge
    1950 Hop-Along Cassidy good Luck token
    Silver Washington
    Silver Rosie
    1924 Mercury dime
    1919 buffalo nickel
    no date buffalo nickel
    1907 Indian Head cent
    1905-O Barber dime
    8 Wheat cents
    1867 2-Cent
    1862 Victoria penny (UK)
    Sterling barrette (?) for infant or toddler (?)
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

You know you have a special hunt when you get a dime trifecta AND DON'T MENTION IT
    That crotal is BIG!! Huge congrats and welcome back, Dave!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice dime trifecta! Yeah the 2 center is really cool too!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Nice group of coins and relics Dave !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member
    Probably a little strange finding coins only 100-150 years old compared to what you were digging overseas. Great finds. Is the "O" Barber a micro? WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

It was great hunting with you again after four years, Dave! You have picked up right where you left off, making super finds here in the USA. I am happy that you got that nice crotal bell on Saturday. What a cool relic! The Hopalong Cassidy token is a wonderful find also. Boy, it sure gave a nice signal!

Congrats on the two cent piece as well. It has been 7 years since I have found one. You seem to have a knack for finding them! That one has nice detail on it still. Great find!

Thanks for your friendship and generosity, buddy. Let's detect together again soon!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Hi. Great finds and so many coins in good condition. I especially like the bell. Is that from a sledge? If you come to Germany again let me know.

Great finds ! Congrats ! I'm kind of partial to your Hopalong Cassidy token . I lost mine in our backyard when I was a very young boy in the 1950's .
    Many years later I found it , a lone wheat cent and a rusted kids charm bracelet that a friend of mine lost . I went back several more times with different detectors and never found another thing .
    Good to hear your back in your stateside groove and doing well !
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Congrats on the finds sir! Dime trifecta and a 2 cent, that is a great few days of hunting. It was nice of Tony to help bridge the gap between overseas and USA digging. Sacrificing not even getting an Indian for you. What a great friend.

Love that crotal bell.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.