Thread: Playing on dirt hills - read this

Threaded View

Playing on dirt hills - read this

Hi everyone!

Sorry about "read this". Meant it as an idea for all of you to try if you do not look at dirt piles. Not that I am awesome.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you (in USA).

In my hometown, they are changing a road from 2 lanes to 4 lanes. There are about 3 houses in the late 1800s and some 1920s-today home sites. The contractor on the project used a city lot to dump a mountain of dirt (like 200 feet tall) of all the sides of the street. I met with the supervisor one day and he said that I could detect once the hill wasn't so tall. I kind of forgot about it and just went to the site and there were smaller hills and the rest was matted down dirt from all the heavy equipment. In 2 hours, I found 7 quarters, 5 dimes and 10 pennies (no wheats) and the below. I literally dug about 25 aluminum cans/just lids etc in those two hours. I hit a signal that sounded like another can and it was in the "highway" of the heavy equipment. I must have looked like I was murdering someone with my lesche as I tried to get a hole dug. Finally got to where I could pop it out. Popped the dirt and there it stood shining brightly back at me and I had no idea what it was. I was happy to find it, but was more impressed with the dirt impression and that I didn't kill the coin.

So try these dirt piles if the Contractors will let you. Easy pickings in the dirt. Killer on the shoulders though (I was using CTX 17" coil). 2 hours was all I could handle. Name:  20211122_181952.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  47.1 KBName:  20211122_181943.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  44.6 KBName:  20211121_112834.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  144.2 KB
    Last edited by badgers325; 11-23-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.