Thread: Silver dimes galore (for me)

Silver dimes galore (for me)

I cheated a little bit finding the 3 rosies and 5 wheaties in a rubber pouch we all had as kids (at least some of us older guys). The 2 Mercs were found on the same line separate about 5 feet from pouch. This was the first 30 minutes at a new spot and I thought I hit the motherload. Just clad the rest of the 4 hour day. Was hunting in the woods again enjoying a day off about 2 weeks ago in a public park that I was never at before. Hit a different park earlier in day and got 1 merc there too.

Also got the enclosed harmonica??? reed. It is weird that it isn't straight across, but tapers toward the end and wider in the middle. Maybe this isn't a harmonica reed? Nothing overly exciting, but had another fun day enjoying the weather. Next week we hit the 50s and this guy is taking another day off to detect.

Name:  20211202_174626.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  20211125_165010.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  74.3 KB
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Congrats on a great day Badger! I have yet to find any type of coin purse with or without coins in them. I remember those coin holders I haven't seen one of those in years. The anticipation of what was inside must have been like opening up a Christmas present.

It was pretty fun opening it. Heck, I just like being out doing this hobby. Those coin purses hurt if you got your finger in it and it closed quickly.

QUOTE=Cheap Thrills;234833]Congrats on a great day Badger! I have yet to find any type of coin purse with or without coins in them. I remember those coin holders I haven't seen one of those in years. The anticipation of what was inside must have been like opening up a Christmas present.[/QUOTE]

Hey Badger, I remember those rubber pouches. I am glad it wasn't empty! That looks like a harmonica reed. I've found tapered ones as well. Why waste brass on the high notes if you don't have to.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Yep, I also remember thinking I was going to keep my money in one of the rubber holders until the next day I'd forget it, then lose it, wait that might be mine!
    Congrats!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Well done! Yeah this time of year if the weather gets to 50 you are a happy camper if you can get out!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Elite Member
    You did quite well if you found 5 silver in that Park. I've been hunting that (and many others) since the early 70's. I take it the Xmas decorations pushed you into the woods. I'm partly to blame as I helped setup some of the scenes. Congrats WD (enjoying a 12"snowfall upnorth)
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Thanks guys.

WD - I wanted to hit the woods. Just enjoying the weather that day and enjoying the hobby. I went by the lodge and tried there a bit and found a matchbox car and a little clad. You definitely did a good job on the cleanup over the years.

Ox - send me your address and I will mail it to you....

Lodge - First one I have ever seen that was tapered like that. Good to know. Thank you.

Solid finds there, especially for park! All the parks around here, and there are a number of them, have been cleaned out long, long ago, so there's no hope for me there.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Kind of have to think outside the box here since most of the parks have been hammered. I go low and slow as well.