Winter Play Toys

When the detectors are put away, we bring these out to play
    Name:  Ski Doo's.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  121.3 KB
    Machines: Whites MXT / Tesoro Eldorado / Garrett Ace 350 / Equinox 800

wow, looks like fun!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

We have a lot of folks from CT, NJ, NYC, PA, down state NY who come to the Adirondacks to ride sled, when I'm grooming trails, it's nothing to see 40 to 60 sleds on the trails, week days there is less. It's a blast riding sleds, taking a relaxing riding thou the woods, some of the trails are very remote ya need to carry a map. You can find some cool videos on you tube of riding in the Adirondacks and Tug Hill. One of the best places to eat is only a 10 min ride for us.

I miss those days! I grew up on a farm in Wisconsin back when we still had decent winters. Driving to town was 20 minutes, but taking the sled it was maybe 5 minutes by river. Not too many good trails as many went through plowed fields, along roads, etc and only got worse over time due to suburban sprawl. But the river was like riding on the interstate, only in the open air at 120mph, and occasionally having to skip open water for excitement.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

I didn't ride for years after I got married, sold all of my toys, sleds, motorcycle etc, slowly did buy new toys over the years I use to ride the river and ponds, in my teen years I run a trap line, walking across a pond one day I broke though the ice with a full back pack of traps, made it out somehow and that ended me ever being on ice again!!! Had 1964 Ski Doo follow me home the other day, somehow it just jumped up into the back of my truck, like a lost puppy so I brought it home, had to, wife didn't believe me, they never do. I think that makes um about 14 sleds I own, 6 of them are vintage, they need restoring. I had a 64 many years ago, used it for hunting, trapping and riding, so happy this one followed me home.