Hello all,
Hope that everyone has started to finally see some warmer weather and softer ground. I'm sitting here looking at the last remnants of snow on the grass in the shady areas wondering how hard the frost is underneath and chomping on the bit to get out for my first hunt for this year. It's predicted to see temps over 60 this Wednesday before rain coming in the next day, so I've put in for a vacation day and now working on getting everything ready for a day hunting the old brewery site I got permission for.

Hoping the day is as good as predicted and also hoping there's no unforeseen glitches to keep from having a great day out. Really hope that this truly is a virgin site despite many demolition activities and loss of a lot of old ground in the past decade or so. But there's still some really promising areas left including what as once the residence of the brewery owner's family dating to around 1850, and the original brewery dating to 1848 which both reside along the original military road dating back much further, possibly even to the late 1700s.

So I was wondering who else has great locations lined up for this year, and also what you do to prepare for your first hunt of the season. Let's get those promising hunts chatted up to get the detecting fever going!