Thread: Unusual sterling piece

Threaded View

Elite Member

Unusual sterling piece

Just starting to get thawed ground in Wisconsin and was hitting one of my old sites. I dug what I thought was just and old pin and when I rubbed it off the dirt came right off and looked like silver. What I thought was a pin was some sort of patented small round part. It is about the size of a trime (my first thought) and has 2 patent nos. on it (2308412 & 2308424 circa 1943). It is even marked sterling. The back looks like it may have been flattened but it's hard to tell. The back kinda looks like the back of those small pins where you pressed the two tabs together to take the pin of or put it on but this back is not removable. Just curious as to where it may have been used. THX Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes