Thread: A Few Finds From Pennsylvania

A Few Finds From Pennsylvania

Last week we took a family vacation to Gettysburg, Pa. My wife was nice enough to give Alec and I a half day to go detecting.
    We stopped at an 1812 stone farm house outside of Gettysburg. Story is that the Confederates raided the house on the way into Gettysburg on June 27, 1863 on their way into Gettysburg. They also camped in the field across the road on the way out after the battle.

I dug a three ring Mini ball and Alec dug a buckle, flat button and a crotal bell.
    I would really like to go back for a week of hunting !!
    Name:  IMG_8337_50.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  86.6 KBName:  IMG_8336 (2).jpg
Views: 98
Size:  101.5 KB

We hit a couple more houses and found a few coins.
    I dug 9 wheats, Alec dug everything else
    Name:  IMG_8333_2_50.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  134.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Elite Member
    Great finds Don. I always planned to do a Civil War trip and never got it done. Hopefully I will get something together on that as I would love to tour all that history. Thx for the post and hope the rest of the trip went well. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Excellent! Me too, WD...haven't got there yet but planning on it soon.
    You guys dug a lot for half a day! So many mid 20th century coins, I wonder if they put top soil on in the 30s. Congrats and I hope the rest of the vacation was fun!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew