Thread: Selected finds from the past 2 weeks

Selected finds from the past 2 weeks

Hi all. Here's a few of my more post-worthy finds over the past 2 weeks. I returned to the early cabin site in northeast VT I recently posted about, and also returned to a nearby site to me (about a 10 minute drive) that I had hit only once with the AT-Pro a few years ago. The Deus 2 performed nicely in the iron upon my return there! Added about 7 more coppers to the yearly haul - though still awaiting my first silver. Best two were my first William III half penny (1699 - ne VT site) and a really nice '97 Draped Bust (S-130 var., nearby site). Also got an early NY State militia button (c. 1810-1830 I believe per Alberts - 11A in his book), a pair of nicely preserved Tallio sleeve buttons (cuffs), another VT CW button and a nice pair of Grand Trunk RR buttons (likely later 1800s). Thanks for looking.

John

Name:  W3 combo.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  42.6 KBName:  DB LC.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  31.2 KBName:  NY militia button.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  30.1 KBName:  cuffs.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  22.8 KBName:  VT CW button.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  26.1 KBName:  Grand Trunk RR buttons.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  35.0 KB
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

What a year you're having, John! Weird wear on that draped. Keep it up!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Very nice finds. Must be a great looking site.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Congratulations. I really like the buttons.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

I wish I had a strong vocabulary John. All I can say are swear words to those finds! Congrats!!!

BTW, I was reading in a local book about a group of people that lived on the vertical part of where Vermont meets Quebec. It was an interesting read (granted I forgot the name of the group of people). They were there in the 1810-1840s if memory serves me correctly. About 100 families. Not sure where exactly you are at John other than "up there". Let me know if you want me to find that book again and I make a copy or something and get it to you if you are interested.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Wonderful finds, John! That Draped Bust still has amazing detail! The excelsior button is in great shape too!

The William III Half Penny has a nice patina even if it is very worn. Good job identifying it. It must be awesome being able to find coins from the 1600s. I am still looking for my first 1700s coin.

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Stellar finds John , some great quality items there . Congrats

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album