Thread: A Ring Trifecta!

A Ring Trifecta!

This morning I got up a little early and instead of going to work I decided to hit a popular beach near my work for an hour or so before hand. When I got there I saw 2 other detectorists which was a bit of a surprise. There used to be a rule about 10 years ago that between Memorial Day and Labor Day no one was allowed to metal detect the beach...I always thought that was a dumb rule...well I heard that the they were not enforcing it anymore or got rid of that rule so when I saw the other detectorists I was happy to know that I would not have any issues detecting.

So I step in the water and first signal was a quarter. Then the next signal was the big Tungsten Ring. I detected the length of the beach and only dug about 5-6 targets and when I headed back in the other direction I went out a little deeper and soon got a clear 23-24 signal. Turned out to be the silver ring. I was not convinced it was silver at first because it was dirty and I could not find a marking. It was not until I took this picture that I saw the 925 on the side. It also states "56"...could that be .56 and could it mean the number of karats of diamonds? I have seen jewelry marked like that before. The stones are dirty but NOT scratched up and the silver is worn...so they are not glass. Maybe CZ's? Guess I need to get a tester.

As I was finishing up I came across a solid 6 and to my surprise I saw a ring in the scoop! Oh what a pretty site that was! I knew it was a good one. Turns out to be a 14k white gold with 9 stones (assuming diamonds).

Name:  IMG_E0821.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  84.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_E0818.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  100.9 KB

I really do not want to do any work right now!!! I am planning to go out tonight to the silver coin beach site...could be a fun day. Actually it already has been a fun day! If some of you have never done beach detecting I highly recommend it...it is easy and you just never know what you will find.

Thanks for looking! Jared
    Last edited by Bucknut; 08-11-2022 at 12:47 PM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Wow!

Three wonderful rings, Jared, especially the GOLD one with stones! That was a very productive hour!

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

YOU ARE KILLING IT AT THE SHORE!!! Keep 'em coming, Jared!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Wow, what a morning! Personally I love water detecting which unfortunately in my area apparently a lot of others do as well which leaves everything pretty much picked clean daily. But there are those times it really pays off like one time I hit a swim beach at a small lake. I didn't get a single signal anywhere until I went outside the ropes of the sandy bottom swim area of the and found a gold ring in the muck. When in the big pond (Lake Michigan) targets are few and far between, and the sand shifts after every storm burying or moving what there is. So I do dig every beep or even whisper of a beep just in case and it's paid off well over time. But again the biggest secret is to find those underwater currents where heavier things accumulate and sand washes away. Yeah, there's often a lot of gravel or big rocks making recoveries a lot tougher but the odds of getting something good is a lot better as well.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Thanks guys for the comments. The stones in the silver ring are definitely not diamonds. I noticed that upon closer inspection that they do have some scratches. I did go out last night to the "silver coin" beach but it was way too rough to go out. So I hit another beach spot that was more protected and only found a junker ring.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)