Thread: Park again surprises

Park again surprises

A few weeks back I uses Park and it sniffed out a few buttons at a worn out site and that got my attention. I wasn't sure if it was just the frequency range or something else. I hit another site today to see if Park could unmask anything in the iron and was really surprised when I pulled out a large cent. Pic below so Dan won't yell at me. I don't think I've pulled a copper from this site in several years. I am pretty sure it's the high iron filtering that allowed me to recover this copper. I had the Silencer set at 3 and the Bottle Cap reject at 5. I had the Reactivity set at 1.5 when I moved away from the cellar hole foundation. The other thing I did was switch to the XY screen. I hadn't used XY in years. That really came in handy as the bigger deep chunky iron would give a decent audio signal but the XY screen would call it out as iron.

The large cent gave a faint good tone with a bit of iron buzz. The XY screen indicated it might not be iron so I dug and was surprised when the 1819 Matron popped out. The other surprising thing was that it wasn't particularly deep at 5 or 6 inches. Usually when I hit a copper at a Reactivity of 1.5, it will scream at 6 inches. But I think all the iron near it and the heavy dose of filters surpressed the signal.

I've always been one to use as little filtering as possible but Park has shown me that a lot of filtering can be useful at times.

Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

And what a wonderful surprise it was, a US coin that it over 200 years old!

Using alternate settings at a pounded site produced encouraging results.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Wtg on sniffing out that beauty!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

You really can know how to tailor that machine to be site-specific! Your creativity really adds to your finds pouch. Coin looks like it might have cleaned up well.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks gents. I've always liked playing with settings.....but I know from experience that "excessive tweaking" can get out of control.

I had hopes that the copper would clean up nicely Drew but it has a fragile patina and quite a bit of verdigris.

Name:  interesting.jpeg
Views: 83
Size:  24.3 KB and I appreciate the picture
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Very nicely done! I haven't gotten out much this summer but I have hit a couple of local spots for a couple of hours. On settings, I have abandoned and deleted my tried and true custom Pitch Programs (Fast and Deep) from the Deus 2. They were my go to programs on the Deus 1 but falsed too much on the Deus 2. I couldn't figure out how to keep the programs from falsing on nails.

I'm now running my own custom 5 tone programs for Fast, Deep High Conductors, and Sensitive. I love the Deus 2 now. It's light years ahead of the Deus 1 and much, much, deeper.
    XP Deus

Glad you are warming up to it Donnie. It took me a time or two before I also had to get it straight in my head that the D2 wasn't just a souped up D1. Yeah great machine and definitely deeper.