Thread: More Finds and Help With ID?

More Finds and Help With ID?

Here are more finds from the past 4-5 days. The first group is from the farm field I've been detecting.

Name:  FARM 1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  110.3 KB

Imagine my excitement when I finally saw a silver rim in the corn field! Imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be a 1941 Merc.
    Name:  FARM 2.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  70.4 KB

*blush*
    Name:  FARM 3.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  80.7 KB

This is the object I need help identifying. Could it be part of a gun?
    Name:  FARM 4.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  52.2 KBName:  FARM 5.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  63.7 KBName:  FARM 6.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  65.3 KB

These finds were from a property in town. The house is vacant and it owned by the same farmer who gave me permission to detect his fields. Zillow says the house was built in 1950 but it is surrounded by houses that are older than that. There were so many signals in this yard that I was only cherry picking the high tones. The SLQ was a nice surprise. It is very worn but it still put a smile on my face.
    Name:  TOWN 1.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  90.1 KB
    Name:  TOWN 2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  60.7 KBName:  TOWN 3.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  63.0 KB

I thought this token was a cool find, even though it isn't in great shape. It's from the Copper-Clad Malleable Range Company and dates from the 1920s.
    Name:  TOWN 4.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  71.6 KBName:  TOWN 5.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  74.4 KB

Here's what the undamaged token looks like:
    Name:  cnstokmed_coppercladcrank (1).jpg
Views: 101
Size:  57.2 KB

And I also found another one of those stamped aluminum tokens. I thought it was cool that this one had the exact date on it.
    Name:  TOWN 6.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  79.2 KB

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

So many neat finds, Tony!!
    Dean and Beery maybe last names on that stamped token?
    So Copper Clad is a stove company, do you know what one could cash that token in for?
    That ruby glass thing a buggy decoration?
    I hope you have more acres to detect on that field!
    Congrats!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    So many neat finds, Tony!!
    Dean and Beery maybe last names on that stamped token?
    So Copper Clad is a stove company, do you know what one could cash that token in for?
    That ruby glass thing a buggy decoration?
    I hope you have more acres to detect on that field!
    Congrats!!
    I think the names on the token are Dean Kirk and Rita Beery. I was able to find a Dean Kirk from my town with a Google search. His full name was Gerald Dean Kirk born 1935 died 1998. He was in the Navy and served in Korea. I was not able to find a Rita Beery.

I assume the Copper-Clad token was just carried for good kuck and to advertise the company.

The ruby glass thingy is probably an old bike reflector.

Lots more acreage to hunt in the field!
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 11-01-2022 at 09:01 PM.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

yest Tony it looks similar to a trigger guard to a Pennsylvania or Kentucky long rifle , broken of course Name:  pennsylvania long rifle trigger guard.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  39.5 KB

congrats !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    yest Tony it looks similar to a trigger guard to a Pennsylvania or Kentucky long rifle , broken of course.

congrats !
    Thanks, Dan! I knew you would know! You nailed it as always. I was hoping it was something like that.
    Lifetime totals:

Nice digs there Tony. I was going to say that was a mangled riens guide but of course Dan had to provide the correct ID. That makes it a very cool find.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Elite Member
    Great finds Tony. Nice photos. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes