Thread: New Sites

New Sites

Was happy to get a new site yesterday which produced the colonial objects in the picture. The newer things were from another site. The POTUS token was a surface find at a park when I wasn't even detecting
    Today, I got a second new site which looks WONDERFUL...but you know how it goes...you never know until you start detecting.
    Anyone know what that Meteor Gas Co thing is for? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Any idea what the coin is? I think I can see Britannia and a left-facing bust.

I would guess that the Meteor Gas thingy is the face of a gas gauge but you probably already knew that much. :-)

Congrats on getting some new sites to detect! They always get our hopes up!
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 11-29-2022 at 04:20 PM.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thanks, Tony...I assume that coin is a KG2 or some such thing, Hey, I just learned that little doll is a "Frozen Charlotte" doll. https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...harlotte-dolls

Any idea what that screw thing at top is?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

I agree with Tony it looks to be a gage face plate that had a needle indicator , the copper is a connecticut as i can almost read the "auctori" on the left side of the bust . i'm curious to the item on the far right side of the "group" picture .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks, Dan!
    That piece is thin. I have no idea what it is.
    That screw thing at top looks familiar, like I've found one before. Thought it was a bottom of a light bulb in the hole.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Great finds, and wish you the best of luck on the new sites. As for the screw looking thing I think that may be a vacume relief valve. Threads into a pipe or tank and if the vacume overcomes spring tension it'll pull the stem down to let air in. Used a lot on tanks to prevent them from imploding from vacume when emptying while keeping out the elements.

Next, the gauge face plate I'm 99.9% sure it is from the acetylene tank used for auto headlights. Found this ad from 1911.

Name:  Meteorautotank.PNG
Views: 67
Size:  80.5 KB
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

WOW, Chris, that's so interesting!! Thanks so much! I bet an automobile was a rare thing in these parts in 1911. Some of the roads are STILL dirt .
    Thanks again!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Great finds Drew! Nice help Chris!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

WTG Drew! The screw thingy I would guess is an older style bottle stopper?? Looks like a great site to hit all winter.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album