Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Minelab introduces the Equinox 700 and 900

  1. #1

    Minelab introduces the Equinox 700 and 900

    Trying to keep up with Deus, or is it something they've had in development for years?


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZPNUtY0SwU


    They both collapse down to 22" long. Supposedly the 700 and 900 have "better target separation and greater discrimination depth" than the 600 and 800.

    Here are the features that the 900 has that the 700 doesn't:

    Name:  900.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  54.1 KB

    They haven't revealed the retail prices yet that I know of.

  2. #2
    Isn't Manticore the one trying to beat Deus?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Isn't Manticore the one trying to beat Deus?
    Beats me! What's the main difference between the Manticore and the Equinox line?
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

    YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Beats me! What's the main difference between the Manticore and the Equinox line?
    Probs about $500
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    631
    Buddy of mine has Manicore on order and he is a rockstar with Nox800. Will give you guys his feedback next year. He isn't getting it until January and detecting through white snow into frozen ground won't be a good comparison. I have a CTX3030 so it is going to be very interesting to see the differences of the 3 considering our numerous hours on the equipment.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

  6. #6
    Elite Member Digger_O'Dell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    near Milwaukee Wi.
    Posts
    3,937
    I've been looking around the new machines too now, thinking of trading in my CTX 3030. Not that there's anything wrong with the CTX as it's been a very reliable workhorse for several years and made quite a lot of finds. But here's the thing-finds are really getting to be very few and far between. Granted, I didn't get out much this past year, but when I did I rarely even got a signal worth digging. The parks, especially places like the old zoo, have so much trash it's insane. Any good targets are typically 8-12 inches deep and far beyond the capabilities of the CTX to get between the decades worth of pull tabs. Then there's all the period iron as well to deal with, all masking whatever may be left. Any good finds are strictly luck that I may hear the slightest peep if swinging in the right direction. It's my hope to acquire a new machine that can get deeper than the CTX, yet discriminate better and recover fast enough to "see" those good targets between the junk.

    As for water detecting, that is also getting really tough as there's so many others hitting the few places left open to detect. There would surely be a lot more opportunity if I would just go SCUBA detecting, but that's out of the question at this time having to go with a dive partner, equipment, and retraining required to get back into diving makes it impractical for now. My only thought was to go with a nifty device I found that would allow me to run the new Minelabs underwater to the full 15" depth to get places most other's never hunt, which would be another 6-10 foot of water depth at the beaches, below dams, and more.

    https://www.scuba.com/p-blu3nebdsnb/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

    But my question is between the NOX and Manticore. Anyone think it would be worth trading up from the CTX? If so, which one? I think I could sell the CTX with all 3 coils easily for what the Manticore goes for, so would be about an even trade price wise.
    Last edited by Digger_O'Dell; 12-10-2022 at 04:53 PM.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

    2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

  7. #7
    Elite Member Bucknut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    2,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    But my question is between the NOX and Manticore. Anyone think it would be worth trading up from the CTX? If so, which one? I think I could sell the CTX with all 3 coils easily for what the Manticore goes for, so would be about an even trade price wise.
    I agree Chris that if you sold all your CTX equipment that it would equal what the Manticore is going for. Is that the best thing to do? Who knows. Maybe this new Manticore will be awesome …I hope so! I am selling one of my 800’s right now and plan to get the Manticore. I won’t be able to really use it until early spring most likely but I’m excited. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

  8. #8
    Elite Member Digger_O'Dell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    near Milwaukee Wi.
    Posts
    3,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucknut View Post
    I agree Chris that if you sold all your CTX equipment that it would equal what the Manticore is going for. Is that the best thing to do? Who knows. Maybe this new Manticore will be awesome …I hope so! I am selling one of my 800’s right now and plan to get the Manticore. I won’t be able to really use it until early spring most likely but I’m excited. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.
    Good luck with the new machine, and keep us posted! I personally would love to hear reviews about this air system as well and using it to detect underwater. Of course I'll probably have to tweak it a bit and add some massive battery power to it to give me a full day use without having to come up other than breaks or to see if I'm 2 miles offshore...lol
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

    2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

  9. #9
    Elite Member Bucknut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    2,025
    It is my understanding that the Manticore (and perhaps the 700 and 900 versions of the Nox) have a bigger draw on power. My 800 will last me around 8 hours I think on a full charge. I wonder if the manticores battery is going to be bigger that way the user can get 8 hours of detecting per charge.

    I did purchase a Nox power pack from RNB Innovations for my 800. I have only used it only a couple times. But for $45 or so it gives you another 6-8 hours of detecting I think. I bet this could be used for the Manticore too since they use the same charging wires (well it looks like the same to me). So Chris if you are looking to add some more battery power it might already be available.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

  10. #10
    Elite Member Digger_O'Dell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    near Milwaukee Wi.
    Posts
    3,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucknut View Post
    It is my understanding that the Manticore (and perhaps the 700 and 900 versions of the Nox) have a bigger draw on power. My 800 will last me around 8 hours I think on a full charge. I wonder if the manticores battery is going to be bigger that way the user can get 8 hours of detecting per charge.

    I did purchase a Nox power pack from RNB Innovations for my 800. I have only used it only a couple times. But for $45 or so it gives you another 6-8 hours of detecting I think. I bet this could be used for the Manticore too since they use the same charging wires (well it looks like the same to me). So Chris if you are looking to add some more battery power it might already be available.
    This is some great info that I wasn't even thinking of since my CTX can go probably 2 full days without worrying about recharging. But, what I was referring to here was the air pump for underwater detecting-whether with the CTX or one of the new Minelab detectors. The pump only has about an hour run time per battery which would probably go by very quickly. The unit comes with up to 2 spare batteries, so that would mean a total of 3 hours underwater. So I was thinking of home brewing an external pack capable of 8 plus hours without having to recharge. As I have some HUGE LiIon batteries I bought for a drone that only flew once, maybe I could adapt those. Otherwise similar size batteries in different voltages are not too expensive for their capacities if a different voltage is needed. I'll have to do some research if it comes to that.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

    2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •