Thread: Republican Blues

Republican Blues

My buddy Kevin invited me to hunt with him this afternoon at a freshly plowed and rained on site.My first good signal was the front to an Infantry cuff button. Then I got into some trash so I moved to a different part of the field. The spot I chose had been hunted just yesterday but I found a CS staff button there about 7 years ago so I started working a grid ninety degrees to the way it was hunted yesterday and I also hunted a little outside of the grid from yesterday. I was soon rewarded with a Artillery coat button that retained a fair amount of gold. It has a raised backmark but I can't make it out. Next came an Infantry coat with a Horstmann & Allien /NY backmark. MY next good signal and the best find of my day had me stumped at first. I didn't have my glasses and couldn't quite make out the front but it looked like a 33 surrounded by a wreath. it was getting dark so I headed back to the truck without finding anything else worth mentioning.
    I met Kevin at the truck and he showed me his finds from yesterday and today that included an 1876 seated dime and a 1 piece North Carolina button. I showed him my buttons saving the "33" for last. When I handed it to him he had a few choice words for me before informing me that my "33" was actually an RB.
    I have dreamed about going to the Georgia coast and finding a Republican Blues button but never in my wildest dreams did I think I would find one here in the western part of the state.
    So far 2023 has been my best year hunting in a long long time. I hope my streak continues but if I get skunked from here on out I'll still be a happy camper!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by fyrffytr1; 01-16-2023 at 07:12 PM.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

Incredible buttons! I had to Google Republican Blues because I had never heard of it. What a cool piece of history! It's in very decent shape too!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I’ve never heard of that button either. Great finds!!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

WTG on the RB Button! Never heard of them and also had to look them up. I'm guessing it's a very rare button.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

I'm sooo happy for you! You've been doing very well!! Keep it up!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew