Thread: Greetings from middle Tennessee.

Hybrid View

Greetings from middle Tennessee.

Name:  IMG_0465.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  65.6 KBName:  IMG_0464.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  78.0 KBHi fellow dirtfishers, Steve in Winchester, Tn. Retired auto worker, really enjoy my time out in the field, like shooting sports, cooking, reading, arts, music...all kinds a stuff. Anyone want to get together, drop me a line. I'm using a Minelab Vanquish 540 and my wife Char, is using a Simplex+. Have a great but soggy day.
    Last edited by chef5011; 02-02-2023 at 02:03 PM.

Welcome, Steve! We're glad you joined our little corner of the internet.

We're waiting for the ground to thaw here in Illinois but it's supposed to be in the 50s next week so that should help.

How long have you been metal detecting? Have you found anything extra special?
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Last summer I did happen to stumble upon a very small, probably overnight, Union cavalry camp in my town, gave up a few bullets, Gardners, some broken down brass cases , a nice "C" button and a ton of old fence wire. I'll explore some more this week with the new Vanquish 540.

Should be 50 here Saturday, we will be heading out for a while. Char is originally from Chicago, I'm born and raised Ohio.

Nice display! That looks like a published pic...where was it? Congrats on the nice silver!! What music and arts are you into? Are those CW bullets? I would love to hunt with you but the 17 hour drive would be a pain Welcome, Steve!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

The photo is of a page that was in American Digger. Thats my lovely lady, first time out she scored a 1940 Merc!!! How about beginners luck! The cases are CW bullets, toy cars, jewelry and such we have found over the last four years. Thanks for the interest. I'm big on jazz, classic rock, classical music.

So cool, Steve! You are so lucky to be near CW sites.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks for adding photos to your post. What a wonderful display! It looks like you have found a lot of cool stuff in only 4 years. Nice!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

The display cases are old printers trays, you can get them from ETSY, not bad on price. Well it's Saturday again...that must mean it's dirtfishing day again!!

Quote Originally Posted by chef5011 View Post
    Well it's Saturday again...that must mean it's dirtfishing day again!!
    I wish it were dirtfishing day here but not even the real troopers would go out today. It was -10 with a -50 windchill last night...right now its 0. Good luck today!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

That display was collected in only four years, WOW. amazing Digs.
    Welcome to the forum and I'm looking forward to see what you find this year.
    If you would ever like some company for a hunt, I would to take a drive!!
    Last edited by Digger Don; 02-05-2023 at 11:35 AM.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

You're so luck to have a place to go so close to home!! Congrats.

Elite Member
    Welcome. great display. Bummer as I was in the Nashville area for several days in February and I had my metal detector along. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes