Whelp, I was able to get out for nearly an hour today for a quick exploratory hunt around the brewery I work at. Mostly did the small grassy area at the farthest end of our parking lot where the Sanborn showed a carriage shop in 1890. Unfortunately I found it's a lot of fill dirt under gravel with a thin layer of actual dirt on top. The only old thing I found was a large piece of copper flashing about a foot long. Other than that I found a brass washer, 2 memorials, and a .40 cal bullet. The whole place is iron infested and littered with shallow trash-mostly liquor bottle screw caps which perfectly mimic coins.

So I don't know if I'll spend any more time there, but the property has lots of more remote small grassy areas that in no way could gather trash from passers by tossing garbage, and may also have more chance of still having the good stuff. I also got word today that the road between the buildings will be torn out and repaved this year. This used to be a city street until the freeway was built in 1974 cutting the street off, and the city making it private property. The street is part of the original city (settlement) layout and shown on the first printed map of the city dated 1836. I should have exclusive access to detect it, which I'm pretty sure has never been done, and from what I can see was last paved well before the freeway was built.

Going to have to wait quite a while I think to detect again as there's a winter storm bearing down on my area early tomorrow thats expected to drop 5-7" of snow. Eww!

Name:  Brewing lot finds.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  48.2 KB