Thread: Visiting an old Manor

Visiting an old Manor

Hello, I want to show you a few pictures of my last trip. I happened to be in a beautiful little village in the middle of the forest. You could feel that spring is coming soon. A bit off the beaten track was an old house and I decided to visit it. One door was broken and I could go in. Very sad that it is falling apart like this. I read up on the history. It was built around 1600 for a family of knights. For hundreds of years they lived and died there. In 1945 the communists expelled and expropriated the family. Since then, the beautiful house has been crumbling. In the garden I found another collapsed cellar. I wonder what is still hidden there? Hope I could show you something nice. Many greetings
    Attached Images Attached Images     

A few more pictures from inside
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Wow!

What a spectacular structure! This was an incredible mansion at one time. It's a crying shame that it has been allowed to fall into ruin. It looks like it could be restored but it would be expensive.

Is there any chance that you can metal detect around it?
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

great pictures Menzl , it makes me a bit sad to see great old places abandon and crumbling away like that . I hope you find something from them .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

WOW!!!!!!! I would think since 1945 abandoned structures would look way worse in New England!! I think you are going to do very well there!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks for a most enjoyable post Menzl.Great history and pictures. Best of luck to you in your future adventures there.