Thread: Sensitive Full Tones review

Sensitive Full Tones review

I tried the Sensitive Full Tone program last week. It surprised me by sniffing out a few buttons from asite that hardly ever gives up a nonferrous target anymore. One major negativefor me with this program though was the iron falsing. It was very distracting particularly because it would show VDIs from low 70s to mid-80s. Increasing the Silencer or Bottle Cap Reject didn’t help. I ended up just ignoring all high tones then eventually just notched 70 to 99. Of course, that quieted down the machine, but a notch like that is only safe to use on your most pounded sites. But the program showed promise.

I used it today at another worn out site and was even more impressed when it sniffed out 9 nonferrous targets (all mid conductors). I made a few changes that made it more usable. I had the Sensitivity at 95. I lowered it to 90 to see if it would help with thefalsing but it made no difference, so I put it back to 95. Sensitivity at 95 gave a stronger signal over a good target compared to 90, however. This program runs at a negative Disc of -6.7. I raised it to 7 but that really didn’t help quiet things down either, so I ran it with the negative Disc. When I got into the heavy iron and got sick of the all the falsing, I Notched out 70-77 and then also 97-99. Once again, this was a pounded site and the odds of a big silver or copper still lurking about was very slim. The notching really helped eliminate a lot of the falsing and made those mid conductor tones stand out in Full Tones. A couple of tombacs were really "fuzzy" but had enough of the midtone to make me dig. I used PWM but square tones might help even more. All targets had iron nearby or right in the hole with the good target. I used Reactivity of 2.5 and then 3 or even 4 in the very heavy iron.

This could be a killer program if I can deal with the iron falsing. All this high-end notching is OK on my pounded sites but I would not want to use it on a new site. The FullTones did provide good audio clues. Most of iron that was falsing was easy enough to ID as iron with the Iron Volume at 4. Sometimes a quick swing around the target worked and a quick pinpoint showed that the good audio signal was off the tip target, giving it away as iron. Like I said, it was easy enough to ID the iron, but I would prefer NOT to have the falsing to begin with.

I had used Full Tones all the time for the first couple years with my D1 but hadn’t used it at all for the past 5 years just because after using Multi Tones for a while, Full Tones just wasn't all that pleasant on the ears. The rumored D2 software upgrade is supposed to deal with falsing and also enhance Full Tones. We shall see.

Jeff
    Last edited by Lodge Scent; 03-06-2023 at 08:28 AM.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Good review, thanks.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

interesting as always Jeff .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album