Thread: More of the same

More of the same

Got out for a couple of hours this morning before the rains came. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but once again I went to an another old worn out site that hasn't given up hardly anything in years. Once again General in Full Tones sniffed out a dozen or so nonferrous targets. Most were iron-masked but when that mid tone bleeds through, there is a good target in the hole with the iron. With Sensitivity set to 98 and Reactivity at 1.5, it also hits very deep. One of those tiny buttons was at least 8" deep. The big tombac was deeper than my pinpointer. I also dug a few very small bits of lead that my pinpointer wouldn't even sound off on. I had to hold handfulls of dirt over the coil. Once again the falsing is annoying and my brain tunes it out and I have to believe that I am leaving iron-masked high conductors in the ground. But once XP fixes that I will be hitting all those tired worn out sites once again. But for now, General FT is a beast on the mid conductors.

Jeff

Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Well done! I really like the shield-boss tombac button. It looks exactly like the ones I find in Germany. Is it a spun back?
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

You and your machine are one! Anything on the front of that cuff? Congrats!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    Well done! I really like the shield-boss tombac button. It looks exactly like the ones I find in Germany. Is it a spun back?
    Thanks Dave. That big tombac does not have a spun back. I am guessing the ones you dig in Germany are a lot older. Your question got me curious. I have a couple of other shield-boss styled tombacs and none of them have spun backs either. Looking further, none of my other big tombacs that I looked at have spun backs, but just about all of the many medium sized tombacs that I have have spun backs. Speaking of metal spinning, I did that for about 4 months in my youth working at a company that made light fixtures. It was brutal and dangerous work.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    You and your machine are one! Anything on the front of that cuff? Congrats!
    Not quite Drew but it is starting to sink in. I know you like Deep HC. Interestingly I tried that in Full Tones with the exact same settings I used in General FT and it also was hitting on the mid conductors. Not as good as General did due to the much lower frequency band Deep HC uses but it hit those two iron-masked larger buttons well enough as to where I would have dug them. There is a little bit of fancy left on the cuff button.