Thread: More mid conductors

More mid conductors

Hit another old favorite site this morning. Really surprised there were this many non ferrous targets still there. Once again, General, Full Tones. Was using a Reactivity of 0.5. Safe to say, these were not iron masked targets. But some of these tiny buttons and bits of pewter and lead were deep!

Dan turning the Iron Volume down to 1 did help quite a bit. But what really helped was notching out 72 to 99. Yep, no high conductors on todays menu. But then again there hasn't been an easy high conductor found at this site in 5 years. Getting rid of all the falsing not only made for a pleasant hunt but it made those mid tones pop even more.

Jeff

Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

I tried this at a very early hammered out site and tried a few things but I think your right with the notching but 72 to 99 is a lot of real estate to cancel out Jeff . What is the highest mid tone , 70 ? I saw a couple of 69's that still turned out to be iron but a few of the mid vdi's didn't even sound good and nothing remotely remarkable on the xy but I still went after them and both were non ferrous targets , tiny pair of octagon cufflinks . I only spent a couple of hours and retrieved the cufflinks , a small brass button some smaller lead ball and a few brass and pewter bits. I'm liking the program better.

Oh i like the large vdi number screen as its easier to spot the mid conductors vdi's

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Yeah Dan, notching out 72 to 99 isn't for the faint of heart. I've messed round with multiple notches and left 89 to 96 open "just in case". But these are sites were the odds of stumbling upon a remaining copper or silver are very very slim. I am waiting for XP to fix the falsing issue and I will hit those sites again with no notch. But for now, I am happy just digging a ton of buttons with out that constant iron falsing eating at my brain. You are right about the XY screen! I am a fan of it but it isn't too much use on most of the small deep buttons. I will try that large VDI screen next time out. Good idea!

I've learned that 95% of those mid tones that break through, even if they are shakey at best, are almost always an actual non ferrous target. A few that were really questionable, I pinpointed them with the Deus and could tell it was pointy iron off to the side. I also modified the program a bit before I nothed out 72 to 99. I set the Disc to 6.7 and the BC Reject to 0. I forget what I was attempting to accomplish but I got tired of the falsing, Notched out 72-99 and had an enjoyable hunt.

Jeff
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."