Thread: Try Again

Try Again

Members were having a difficult time posting to my last thread so I took it down and we'll try again.

I was able to get out this morning for the first time in May due to a ruptured calf tendon. I got in a 90 min hunt before the rains came. I went to one of the first cellar holes I'd even been to. No walking, lots of nails to work through. Perfect for Jeff's General Fast Low Conductor program on the D2. I found all on the lip...plus all types of ammunition. I thought the dandy was a can! It was 3-5in down, and has a weird patina...I wonder if it was dug up, the detectorist cleaned it a bit, then dropped it. It was just too loud, easy, and right on the foot path passing by the hole. I assume that ring is glass and don't know what the other thing is that also has a "gem" in it.
    Thanks for all the well wishing...leg has really improved this week. No pickleball for me for a while
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 05-20-2023 at 02:08 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Glad you are getting out Drew! That big dandy must have screamed when you went over it. What Reactivity are you using in the cellar lips?
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thanks, Jeff. I was using 2.0 reactivity. I haven't updated yet.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

I am always amazed at how well the Deus can separate targets even at "low" recovery speeds. I have the short update cord if you need one Drew.

Thanks , Jeff...I replaced my broken headphones update cord.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Went back to the same cellar hole this morning. Still haven't updated . I don't want to lose my programs, but I guess I must
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Hey Drew, glad to hear you're on the mend. Great looking finds!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Nice bunch of finds Drew! So many detectorists just pass over anything that isn't a high tone therefore missing out on a lot of great stuff. Often the good stuff I find is in pounded sites where I take the time to work the heavy iron or trash looking for those low to mid tones mixed with the garbage signals. Often they are good targets drawn down due to the iron or other junk, and it's always a joy to see something like a big square nail sitting on top of a coin at the bottom of a hole. Having a great machine like my CTX or your Deus makes this possible. So glad to see you capitalize on this and make those great saves!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Went back to the same cellar hole this morning. Still haven't updated . I don't want to lose my programs, but I guess I must
    When that cellar holes quits producing Drew, do the update then go find a few more.

Yeah, Chris, EVERY target pictured had at least one nail in the hole. Jeff, I went back for a third time yesterday...I raised the reactivity to 3 and got a musket and two more flat buttons. I'm going to try one more time today then update

These people fought the New England rocks for years. Pictured below are the drill holes in numerous rocks. I guess they would drill a hole, allow water to freeze and thaw in the hole thereby cracking the rocks. The bit is still on one of the rocks...and you can see the rock cracked right where it was supposed to. They must of moved west before completing the job.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Yeah, Chris, EVERY target pictured had at least one nail in the hole. Jeff, I went back for a third time yesterday...I raised the reactivity to 3 and got a musket and two more flat buttons. I'm going to try one more time today then update

These people fought the New England rocks for years. Pictured below are the drill holes in numerous rocks. I guess they would drill a hole, allow water to freeze and thaw in the hole thereby cracking the rocks. The bit is still on one of the rocks...and you can see the rock cracked right where it was supposed to. They must of moved west before completing the job.
    This is very interesting and I've never seen that here in the Midwest, and we have some HUGE boulders in some pretty inconvenient places left behind by the many glaciers passing through in ancient times. Those rocks don't look too big to move, so I wonder what they were trying to accomplish?

At least here the glaciers also moved a lot of gold and copper to the more southerly regions as they passed. On the flip side, the glaciers also ground most of the gold to dust in the process... But at least the copper held up well enough for the natives to make some great artifacts from. Just gotta love history!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!