Thread: First hunt with V1.0

First hunt with V1.0

Was out the door early to get a couple of hours in with V1.0 before the rains came. I went with General Full Tones again, but with the new upgrade you can change the top frequency. Since I wanted to see if I could squeeze any high conductors out iron, I set it to a max of 14 kHz. First thing I noticed is that the iron falsing is much improved. I didn't have any luck finding any high conductors but not surprised at all. This is a very small pounded site. After a while I set the max frequency back to 40 kHz for better separation in the iron. The falsing increased somewhat as expected with the higher frequency. These 250 year old nails are very crusty and have big halos. But the falsing still not as bad as it used to be. I had the Disc at 6 and was going to raise it to see if that would help with the falsing but I decided to first lower it to -6.4 just for kicks. To my surprise, lowering the Disk to - 6.4 improved the falsing! I did not expect that and have not figured that out yet.

I went over the site again and pulled a few buttons including a very small thin cuff link along with some lead and pewter bits. Besides the improvement with the falsing, I really like the enhanced Iron Volume and the Silencer function has been improved as well. It started to rain before I could crank up the Bottle Cap reject to see if that would help with the iron blobs. It seemed to help when I tried Park with V7.1 earlier in the year. There are lots of interesting features to play with in V1.0. I haven't seen any negatives yet. I did dig some iron but most were just Hail Mary's when I was looking for high conductors. One or 2 odd pieces did fool me with a nice sounding high tone. But as usual with Full Tones, any mid tone that came through was no joke.

Jeff
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thanks for the update Jeff , i'm planning to get out tomorrow to try a few things . the sites will be very old and I don't expect any high conductors but small to medium buttons .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Good luck Dan! The damp ground may help put a few extra goodies in your pouch. If you get a chance try the negative Disc. Just want to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

we'll have to get together soon Jeff to compare notes , maybe when Drew is fully healed
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    we'll have to get together soon Jeff to compare notes , maybe when Drew is fully healed
    That would be fun Dan but apparently Drew is addicted to pickle ball so I don't know when he might recover.

People always talk about their old football injuries, now I can brag about my pickle ball leg
    I'm going to get the update this morning, thanks for the info!
    I'd love to hunt together!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

I assume pickle ball is more fun to play than it is to watch.