Hello everyone!

Just thought I would add a post since there has really hasn't been much activity to note recently. So I was wondering what everyone has been up to this summer. Are we getting out detecting and just not finding anything? Or are we not getting out due to weather? Or is life just getting in the way? Drop a reply, would love to hear how everyone has been! I'll start it out....

Personally, it's been due to many factors throughout the summer. Other than a few early outings that didn't produce too much other than my first 1700's coin, I haven't done much hunting. Even the much anticipated street tear out amounted to very little other than the dateless fatty and a few older relics mostly because they never really tore out the road. Only a few patches, and the rest was just ground down to grade and paved over.

The weather was actually pretty nice most of the summer, and even the great heat wave of 2023 didn't effect a lot of my area being in the North and tempered by the great lakes. Still, working 2 jobs 6-7 days/week just to make ends almost meet in this economy, and then spending the past couple months job hunting since being worked over by the brewery's contract renewal process (putting this as mildly as possible) that caused even less take home salary. Good news is I finally got a job offer that pays better and is a promotion into a management role. So it's still going to be a lot of time invested for a while making the move and transitioning to the new role. I really hope I get some time to detect before the snow flies even if it's only for a short while before work. That in itself will be tough as the town I will be working in has the most restrictive anti-detecting ordinances around despite being one of the oldest towns in the region.