Hello all,
I hope this day finds you well. I'm posting because I've been researching St. George Utah where I am currently interviewing for a new job promotion. This is in the SW corner of the state near the junction of Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. I know the area has a bit of history, mostly with the Mormon settlement and lots of scattered gold/silver mining activity in the past. But I know very little about any detecting rules of regulations in that particular state, so any insight into this would be appreciated.

Secondly, if anyone has been there, I would love to hear about your experiences there including lifestyle, climate, geography, etc. I'm thinking of course my main detecting activity will turn to prospecting gold nuggets which I think will be a blast! I hear there's some old mining camps that could also hold quite a few surprises. But I think this will be the perfect place to really use my Minelab GPX-4800 as it was intended, and dying to try my big custom coil in the heavily mineralized (magnetite) soil.

Thanks!