Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions would be welcomed

Re: Opinions would be welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    It got rescheduled, on their end I know I'm going to blow up when in there, and I'm sure her dad will blow up. They are just trying to shove this under the rug.

The worst part is, I think I'm going to be forced to send her to another school.
    Typical tactics when they know they are in the wrong and know you aren;t gonna just roll over and forget it....reschedule and reschedule till you hopefully give up. Know anyone on the school board? If you haven;t already you may wanna contact one of the board members and request a meeting with them as well. Also starting a written grievance and getting as many parents signatures on it to present to both the school and the board would be a plus as well...they REALLY fear anger in numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    It got rescheduled, on their end I know I'm going to blow up when in there, and I'm sure her dad will blow up. They are just trying to shove this under the rug.

The worst part is, I think I'm going to be forced to send her to another school.
    Bummer, Bummer, Bummer, typical of the system. Stick with it Angie and remember your daughter has met and required friends at that school. The teacher should go not the child. I'll be praying for you.
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Thanks guys I am just so tired of fighting everything; it just seems like that's all my life has been during the last two years. But it has to be done.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Well I'm not new to this kind of accusation garbage from teachers, just the several we had were of a different nature. I would push for an apology and threaten a lawyer. That is about all some of these idiots understand. Trust me I am as far from a I'm gonna get a lawyer kind of person as you can be. But, the mentality of some of the idiots out there is just ridiculous. Our problems were, little whiney kids would twist my daughters arms and push her down and she would do nothing but feel bad. When she would defend herself, she would get in trouble. When I had seen enough we made sure our babygirl would really know how to defend herself. In other words if you are gonna be blamed for something in our case, why the heck just not make sure you did something worthwhile. We showed her how to really protect herself. After a few kicked between the legs, or being thrown to the ground real hard, the other kids decided watch out for my babygirl. In my day we would have whipped their tails really bad after class. Anyway, get an apology or threaten them. Sorry for the displeasure your babygirl has had to endure. I really think a lot of teachers are idiots nowadays.
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

It never ends... last Thursday our daughter didn't go to school.
    When she returned on Friday, she was told by one of the teachers that another student was saying she skipped because she was hung over from getting drunk. She was home with us all night the day and night before, and was in bed at bedtime. We're light sleepers and would know if she left her room in the middle of the night.

Now, we're not naive or blind to our daughter, but she doesn't drink and she's not doing drugs.
    (People say you never know, but our daughter doesn't. First, she's home all the time, second, we'd know, and when she comes home from a football game or being with friends or something she visits with us... we know).
    We understand it doesn't mean she never will, but we know she doesn't partake in these kinds of activities, and hasn't up to this point in her life.
    She really is a good kid. I can't wait for her to graduate and get out of this juvenile system they call public education.

It was a so-called friend with whom she is currently on the outs, and the teacher knows our daughter isn't like that. This is a good teacher who has been there for our daughter and helped her with her academics as well as issues with other students. There ar some good teachers out there. They're just getting less plentiful.

I'm very anxious to hear the outcome of your daughter's situation, Epi. Good luck at the meeting.

Sure wish that they could clone the good ones. crying01

(IH... I hear ya, bro. I wasn't ignoring your posts. Jus' had a plateful at the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Sure wish that they could clone the good ones. crying01

(IH... I hear ya, bro. I wasn't ignoring your posts. Jus' had a plateful at the time.)
    Joe...no prob..I already know how you feel about things in general...and they way we both think is generally the same.

Epi... I would skip the formalities and take a lawyer to the meeting.. tell them so, they will not reschedule again. The only way to fight this is with force.. and they are scared to death of a lawsuit... they know that they will lose. Superior power, first, - it wins every time. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Candidate Member

WOW I have a 7 yr old myself.
    Please keep us informed on your
    progress.
    To Have The Best You Have To Make It Yourself

Angie I'm a firm believer in the old addage; Innocent till proven guilty Even in a court of law there has to be indisputable proof of guilt. If they can't produce that for you nail them, nail them good. I have read and heard of so many stories of kids doing or saying that so-in-so did this just to get them in trouble. Good luck on this lady.
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

i understand what your feeling,i got custody of my daughter when she was about 7, shes now 21, i found that the schools seem to think they are above you, the parent, ive had numerous run ins with them, and they all seemed to treat me like they didnt have to talk to me, and did not have to address any of my concerns.in her 10th year of school, at the beginning of school, we needed to get her schedule changed, we went to the counseler, and he said we would have to wait till school was in at least a week, a week later, we went to do this and was told it was to late to change any schedules,me being the hothead that i can be,just about went off on that sob,i took a couple of breaths and looked at him and said that right there at that moment, i want her school documents because i was taking her out of thier school and id let her be homeschooled, because if they were able to lie to me and my daughter like that, they did not have the morals i required for them to be teaching my kid, after seeing a few different people to get all the paperwork, one lady even seemed to understand what i was dealing with.
    oooh well, just venting, long story short, good luck--- but just let your daughter know how much you love her and stand by her,

I wouldn't stand for this. You see, I wouldn't be able to be diplomatic in this situation. I would sound like Roy D Mercer on the phone with these people! By god! It's always better to get an outside party involved in this type of fight.

This is so weird... We were at the VFW for a couple beers the night before Thanksgiving and who walks in...?
    The chairwoman of the school board, and her husband, who is also on the board.
    You thinkin' Uh-oh .. ? Well, I wasn't...
    I was good... just a couple beers in me, but just enough.
    I've known these 2 people for a loooong time... I worked for the newspaper for many years and they've been involved with the school board since before I was a reporter/editor.

I told them I was so glad our daughter is in her last year of this juvenile system they call public education.
    I told them nothing against them, and I don't know how they do it, but how do you fix it?
    I told them I don't know how they do it. For as long as they have, I know I couldn't.
    They are good people. I discussed a couple scenarios with them and they agreed it's a difficult situation.

Ugh.. this could be a long post, but I'll leave it at this.
    The chairwoman was agreeable, though. She made 2 comments preceeded by, I'll be shot for this, but I'll say it anyway...
    We left, said Happy Thanksgiving, great to see you again, and she offered for me to call her any time.
    I might.

Just realized something....you said they searched her looking for the calculator? Did they call you before searching her and who was present when they searched her and how thorough was the search? This search could not only be against school policy but could be illegal as well and could be cause for criminal charges as well as a lawsuit.....jsut some more ammo for ya when you finally get them to agree to meet with you.

I'm so caught up in the suspense... any closure to any of this?
    Jimmy - Minelab X-Terra 30 | White's BHID 300 | White's Spectrum XLT | Vibra-Probe 570
    My Blog

No closure yet, mostly because my daughter has been sick for the last week and hasn't been in school. But my emails are going unanswered.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Expect no answer form the school via email, but save them as proof of attempts to contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Expect no answer form the school via email, but save them as proof of attempts to contact.
    Another reason to get your blood pressure up...They seem to forget that they work for us and as taxpayes WE pay their salary/ document EVERYTHING and file a complaint with the school board and then with your selectman and with anyone else in your town with influence. Also as someone mentioned earlier....get a petition going complaining about school policy and get as many people to sign it as possible for numbers scare em. If the school board ignores you then attend a selectmans meeting and with your numbers on the complaint state that you want a recall vote and have the school board members ALL replaced.
    Time to get PISSED!! but in a controlled productive way.

I'd probably switch schools if possible....maybe a good private school if one is close. When my oldest son was in 5th grade he was sucker punched by a kid who weighed 50 lbs more than him....right in the stomach. When the teacher found my son curled up on the floor crying with this bully standing over him, they BOTH were sent to detention for fighting. In my talk with the principal, I was told that it was the policy to punish both kids. So then I asked the principal if he had any objection to my telling my son to defending himself with oh...say....a softball bat if one was handy.... and that would result in equal punishment... right The loser principal didn't have anything to say. Unfortunately, this was in a private school. If it had been in the public school, the bigger kid would have had the cops to deal with and an assault charge. My son ended up in the hospital with a duodinal hemotomo (sp?) which is a bruise to the outlet of the stomach. This was about 36 hours after the assault. The doctor told me that if we hadn't brought him in to the emergency room that night, he would have died in his sleep. My son weighed about 90 pounds at the time. Overnight in the hospital, they gave him 5 (FIVE) liters of intravenous fluids to rehydrate him. 5 liters must weigh a little more than 10 pounds going into a 90 pound boy. I could have lost him that night. The next year, he was in a better school with very defined rules and policies, was training in karate and was instructed to defend himself agressively and decisively. As far as I know, no one messed with him and he eventually graduated with a full scholarship to the U of Mn.

So, trust your parental instincts Angie - God gave them to you to protect your children.
    Ace 250 w/Sunray Probe
    More than paid for with clad!