Thread: busy day of digging

busy day of digging

But sadly, nothing very interesting.

I finally got to work the last section of the park I've been working for over a month. This park is 2 blocks long, and full of trash. It's been a slow, annoying search, but I've managed to pull 3 silvers and around a dozen wheats from this site. Today I was next to the tot-lot and hit a 30 coin spill site. Sadly they were all memorials. They littered an area with a 6 foot radius. Man that was a lot of digging since they were all 1- 2 inches deep. I also pulled a 1940 nickel from that same spot, but it was deeper than the pennies.

My total for this mornings hunt:

1 Wheat
    3 quarters
    6 nickels
    8 dimes
    72 memorials.

I think I am going to quit working this park. The occasional silver kept me hunting for more, but I have finally covered the whole ground. Hopefully one of the other places I have lined up will give up some silver. I am also working permission for a farm field that held a circus / fair back in the early 1900's. Well, actually I HAVE permission, I'm just trying to find the location. Research found nothing on this site, but the info came from a local old-timer. Just trying to pin down exactly which piece of ground it was on. It's going kinda slow becuase I'm trying not to be a pest and annoy this guy.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Re: busy day of digging

Sometimes you just have to know enough is enough with a certain site and move on to bigger and hopefully better things. The park is not going anywhere and I am sure you can hit it again someday if you have no where else to hit. The Circus site sounds very promising! Good luck on figuring out where it was as I am sure it will be rewarding if you do!

Like Steve said, that place isn't going anywhere and you can always hit it again sometime. I hope you are able to locate the circus site! Sounds very promising!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Make it a got nothing better to do spot.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Too bad the park didn't pan out as well as you hoped. But remember, with the E Trac you can cherry pick your signals. You can cover more ground if you didn't dig the Memorials. Just ignore them when the numbers pop up. Then you can concentrate on the deeper signals. Hope you find that circus field soon
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I hope you have great success with the circus/fair site.I have a few of those spots back in Montana that stopped producing silver.I'd go back to them every once in a while after spring thaw or a big rain and would usually pick up a few new keepers.

Good luck with your research! Now you have a park to just go to and leisurely hunt in.