Thread: A question about the move to an Etrac

A question about the move to an Etrac

I'm seriously thinking about selling my SE with the Pro coil and my DFX and getting an Etrac.I have to do a bunch of research on old places to hunt as this area is new to me.I mainly coin hunt but there has been a lot of civil war activity in this area.I would like to hunt some of the old Plantations as well.I have a few leads on civil war and plantation sites.I'm about 35 miles away from some pretty busy beaches also.I'm sure I will end up with a water detector somewhere down the road.My job is going to definitely get in the way of detecting.
    Those of you that went from a DFX and/or a SE was it a good move for you?Any experience,ideas,thoughts,words of wisdom or cautions would be appreciated.Thanks.Bill

Re: A question about the move to an Etrac

I used an SE before getting the E-trac. It was an easy transition in terms of tones, which are similar, and the settings which are also pretty similar. I hunted in ferrous tones on the SE but use Conductive on the E-trac, which probably took the most getting used to for me.

If you do well with the SE I think you will really like the E-trac. They standardized the Fe numbers for good targets and the Co numbers are solid except on very deep targets but even then, they are fairly consistent. I'm not a visual person and I didn't like to have to look at the graph on the SE, but with the E-trac I do well just using the Fe/Co numbers and the tones.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I don't have any experience with the SE but I did have a DFX before getting my Etrac about 5 months ago. I found the transition to be really quite easy even going from a White's to a Minelab. The programming on the Etrac IMHO is much easier than the DFX and goes deep right out of the box. The very first time I took the Etrac out I ended up with three silver dimes! I have been hooked ever since!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The E-Trac is so simple to use that people seem to think it's too good to be true. It's good and true. Just don't buy one, we don't need the competition.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

I have 4 detectors and by far the e-trac is the best of them as soon as you get used to it which gets easier with use and yes I've found some good stuff with it. First time out with it I found a 1903 dime in my front yard.
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.