Thread: 1897 barber

1897 barber

I went today yes in the pouring rain with george coinut for about an hour he was nice enough to help me learn my etrac better we went a old ballpark where my grandfather brought my father to play ball this park is no longer it now covered with trees. I was lucky and unearthed a beautiful 1897 real nice barber dime shortly there after george got a ladies gold ring. then the rain really came down i mean down I brought him to a real old home 1732 he then remarked to we need angel program here there is some deep silver here for another tim I would like to thank george for taking his time out to help me. We will have to do it again real soon

Thanks again 1147silver steve

Re: 1897 barber

Hey Steve, Very nice to meet you and do a bit of fast detecting. lol That rain really did make a mudfest Congrats on that Barber Dime, it's a nice one for sure. It also means you are in the right place for that ballfield. My ring was plated as we suspected for that era (@1900), but is a nice monogrammed letter M women's ring. Not bad for trying to dodge the rain and only hunting a short while. You learned a couple of things today, one being E Tracs hate rain lol Next time we get together it will be easier to show you more of the patterns and functions. Glad we had a chance to get together and find a couple of nice finds today thumbsup01
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Detecting under that steady rain must have been both frustrating and fun. You guys were likely a muddy mess. lol Sweet finds for such a very short hunt. thumbsup01 That location will likely yield several more old coins and other neat items.

Veteran Member

Nice finds guys. I hope you do well in that area. 8)

hey congrats Steve on that barber (we need a picture to satify the old silver fetish lol ) glad you made it out with George , he's very entertaining sometimes but is very knowledgeable with that e-trac .

congrats to you George for the ring as it looks like an oldie.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

1897 dime.... very well done 1147!

A 1732 home... that is incredible. The earliest home I have detected was built about 140 years after that one. lol

You all have some crazy old stuff out there.

Good luck on the Etrac, sounds like you have a great person to get pointers from.

Elite Member

Congrats on the Barber dime! George can teach you a lot. Full of useless information lol

I think you said you were in Westfield too. If you ever want to get together and hunt, just drop me a PM.

2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Congrats on the Barber dime! George can teach you a lot. Full of useless information lol

I think you said you were in Westfield too. If you ever want to get together and hunt, just drop me a PM.
    lol lol Try not to think though Rob, he's not in Westfield rofl

Hopefully I did this right lol Here's Steve's dime
    Attached Images Attached Images