Thread: More Fairgrounds Silver & other stuff

More Fairgrounds Silver & other stuff

Went to the fairgrounds today, was really expecting the grounds being locked up and was going to work the exterior parts, but the gates were opened so in I went.
    I spent 5 hours there today, came up with $13.05 in clad, in which $11 were in clad quarters.
    Started out my day immediately with a 1945 merc about 6 down, a few minutes later was a New York City Transit token
    About an hour later (and several quarters later) I hit a 1943 Silver Washington Quarter which really surprised me as it was only 1.5 deep.
    Finally I hit a sweet sounding signal about 6 bouncing around 89-92 VDI, I thought.. this could be my 50th silver coin and possibly my 1st Silver half dollar .. I dug down and see the rim of a shiney coin.. my heart raced.. I pulled it out and it was a 1/2 dollar size token , and to make matters worse, it happened again about an hour later
    Sooooo.. I just need 1 more silver coin to make my 50 goal.. come high water or blizzard I am going to get it
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Re: More Fairgrounds Silver & other stuff

Congrats, those are some great finds!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

You are on roll!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Those are great finds! Congrats on the silver! I like the tokens, even though I can see how frustrating it must have been thinking they were half dollars
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Those are some really great finds! I am sure number 50 will not be a problem with the roll you have been on lately! Those tokens would have had me going too!

Nice!!! You found a great spot, Congratulations on your finds! thumbsup01

Awesome finds CKC love your silver and those tokens look great farout. thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Good work Scott...u may have to raise the bar next year! 100 + silvers when u get the etrac!
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Those are some good finds, I knew that site would yeild more Silver. You'll make your goal yet..

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Man, I know that feeling well! lol The tokens are still good finds though. thumbsup01 Good going Scott! I hope your 50th is a sweet half dollar! That would be awesome!

very very nice Scott , the way the weather has been holding out you'll make much more than 50 my friend
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I've got lots of those good luck tokens, so I share your grief. lol You should contact George Myers and ream him a good one for losing that token and not a half dollar . Nice digs.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Great digs, ÇÇ!
    Love them make-it-yourself good luck tokens. Love to find one someday.
    Sure wish they still had them machines in front of the supermarkets. crying01