View Poll Results: POLL: Since you started using you Vision/V3/V3i how many bad D2 coils have you had?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

16 48.48%
  • 1 Bad Coil

9 27.27%
  • 2 Bad Coils

3 9.09%
  • 3 Bad Coils

4 12.12%
  • 4 or More Bad Coils

1 3.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Many Bad D2 Coils Have You Had

Re: How Many Bad D2 Coils Have You Had

This and a couple other issues is what kept me from getting a V3 to begin with. What is the most recent anyone has heard of a new D2 being faulty? Or is the problem completely solved? Still would like to try one, just have residual worries still...
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

I don't know about anyone else but I've had my V3i and 10DD coil for a few months now and have had no troubles at all.

Quote Originally Posted by v3ikid View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I've had my V3i and 10DD coil for a few months now and have had no troubles at all.
    My V3i was steady as a rock for the first six months. Then it started.

There were days when it refused to see a surface target and then other days when it seemed to work normally. After many months of thinking it was my inexperience I called the dealer. I did my best to explain the difficulties. I use nothing but the stock programs and haven't seen a need to adjust them. The guy basically told me to box it up and send it to White's and said they would Fix It If They Could.

That's where it is now. Been there for about a week. Hopefully they can adjust it's attitude.

It's just embarrassing when a kid with a Radio Shack detector says Hey Mister .. You missed this one.

Regards,

I think Whites has a good handle on the D2 coil issues at this time. One thing for sure is Whites will take good care of you. There service for me has been nothing less than stellar. Hope your back up and running soon.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

How would somebody know when the null shifted? If the coil passes the 15 gain test, does that mean the null is fine?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    I think Whites has a good handle on the D2 coil issues at this time. One thing for sure is Whites will take good care of you. There service for me has been nothing less than stellar. Hope your back up and running soon.

Jack
    Thanks for the input Jack.

I've heard nothing but good about the customer service at White's and that was a prime consideration when I selected and purchased the detector.

My experience with the dealer on the other hand left a lot to be desired. I now seriously question my decision to buy locally. I could have saved quite a few bucks had I gone with mail order.

Regards,

Connie

I got two bad ones in a row, this third one i just got last week works fine !
    If at first you don't succeed, get the Government to Bail you out !

I bought my V3I back in October. I use it for relic hunting and am pretty hard on my D2 coil since I use it in the woods and what not. I've heard that other people have had problems with theirs, but mine has been rock solid, never had a problem with it, great performing coil! I even air test it from time to time, and I am always able to crank it to 15 with the tx boost on without it overloading.

I have no empirical evidence to back this up, but I think White's has pretty much gotten a handle on the original D2 issue. I say that because there just isn't much discussion of the original problem anymore.

I bought my first Vision (serial #016) in April '09 and went through two coils within the first two months...one lasted half a hunt. Number three is still working just fine.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

I agree with Lowjiber. I believe Whites has solved the D2 coil issues at this point.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer