Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesoros!

Tesoros!

Looks like I am the first to post in the T E S O R O forum! I have 3 Tesoro uMax machines and a large assortment of coils. I have tried a few other machines but always go back to the smooth power of a Tesoro. My Tesoro's and I are currently on a VISION QUEST. When my finds add up to enough, I plan on trying out a V3. I will still keep the Tesoro's around to keep the V3 honest! Happy hunting to all no matter what machine you choose. 8)
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Re: Tesoros!

Hey Diggler, That makes you the unofficial Tesoro expert lol. Seems like you know them well. Glad to have you put some prospective on how they perform.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Glad to have a Tesoro expert here! I have a Tiger Shark, but since I've only logged about twenty minutes on it I don't have much to say yet lol
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Candidate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    Looks like I am the first to post in the T E S O R O forum! I have 3 Tesoro uMax machines and a large assortment of coils. I have tried a few other machines but always go back to the smooth power of a Tesoro. My Tesoro's and I are currently on a VISION QUEST. When my finds add up to enough, I plan on trying out a V3. I will still keep the Tesoro's around to keep the V3 honest! Happy hunting to all no matter what machine you choose. 8)
    What is you Fave µMax Tesoro?
    Spectra V3 | E-Trac | SunRay | Compadre | Home Made Secret Weapon Detector

I hate to say it but it is the oldest of the 3 I own. The Silver Sabre uMax. Also have a Silver and a Cortes. Been making myself use the Cortes lately, mainly out of guilt, but the TID usually just slows me down. The Sabre is just so smooth, light and powerful with a no motion pinpoint button. I guess it is the precursor to the Cibola. With the CleanSweep coil I can cover a lot of ground and still get 6 on quarters. Been using the Cortes with CleanSweep lately and moving slower. Got $10 in clad this morning. If I get a V3 it is likely I will sell 2 of the Tesoro's and keep the Sabre as my cherry picking machine. Can't beat the combo on soccer/football fields. If I hit a particularly hot spot, I go back with a deeper coil and clean out. Usually the Silver with the 12x10. That is a super stable combo as well. I can crank the SENS up to max sometimes and hit quarters and depths that I won't mention out of fear of being secretly ridiculed. The 12x10 on the Cortes is really noisy. I try to switch it up for the occasion, but the Silver Sabre usually wins!

I have a Golden Sabre II and a Cutlass II µMax along with an 11 Wide Scan coil and a 4 coil. My wife really likes the Cutlass and has claimed it for herself. Tesoro makes some great machines.
    I'm no expert yet but I would like to compare notes with you sometime, Diggler.
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Golden Sabre II, Tesoro Cutlass II µMax, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro pointer
    Oldest coin, 1732 King George II Halfpenny

Just found out after all of these years that the Cortes is NOT a uMax detector... I ASSuMEd that it was because it uses the same uMax coils. This might explain stability issues with certain coils and why I prefer the lesser models. Hopefully a more better expert will show up here soon.

I am a huge Tesoro fan as well and love to hunt with them. They are my perferred machine. Nice to see a fellow fan.

I have been a Tesoro fan for quite awhile now. Today I got my Conquistador back from Tesoro where they installed a new coil and retuned it, all for Free. Thank you Tesoro, Rusty Henry and Carl. Now lets go hunting.

Started out on Tesoro's years ago and had quite a few different models and eventually sold them all. My favorite's where The Mayan and the Golden Sabre 2 . I've been using the Explorer SE and the M-6 as of late but I couldn't go without a nice light , Nickel grabbing , tot lot gold finding Tesoro so I recently picked up a Tesoro built Troy X-2 which I really enjoy using on occasion I like many others are anxiously waiting to see Tesoro's next new model .

Baba

Looks like I am the first to post in the T E S O R O forum!
    Lucky!!! I'm loving on Tesoro. I think I might even get another next month! (depending on how many rings I can find that is, which should be alot - after all, Tesoro means TREASURE!)

I also run Tesoro's; we have 2 Eldorado's. They are great machines and easy on the arm.

I recently got a great deal on a used Golden Sabre 2 . I had one before and found a lot of gold jewelry with it . Fantastic tones and a notch you can really fine tune and the coils are interchangeable with my Troy X-2 . I'm really curious to see what Tesoro's going to bring out next ( have been for quite awhile ) .

A H.O.T. T.I.D. with G.B. and P.P would be O.K.

A H.O.T. T.I.D. with G.B. and P.P would be O.K.
    For sure , slap some tones in that puppy and it would be super !!

You'll do good to keep the Tesoro´s for backup. thumbsup01

Vito

Even though I bought an E-Trac My Cortes will stay. I've done well with it and like any machine practice makes better hunting.
    Minelab E-Trac, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Tesoro Cortes

Hidy D . I have a Tejon . I used it to hunt 55 acreas that the D . P . A . bought to build a Museum on . They wrote up the papers for me to try and find Civil War relics on the land it was to be built on . I used the Tejon about 99% of the time while hunting . From my research of Union City , Tn. I knew it had to be something there . In hunting with the Tejon I learned a little trick for more depth . I used a 12 coil . You can hunt in all metal mode BUT I have used it enough to get more depth with the pinpoint trigger pulled back . While hunting like that if you get a slight signal with your discrimnation on 4 or 5 you can take your foot and scrape the ground off smooth , then let off the trigger , if you still get a slight signal , DIG. I have a post on here on what I found by using that method . I know it sounds unreal but it works . It was 99 out that day and I got so disgusted when I found out what it was I for got to take a picture of it . The main reason I had to dig it was I had just found a standing liberty quarter about 20 ft. from it . And the signal kept coming in on full descrimination . When I pulled the bottle out the signal was gone . The Tejon is ideal for weight and extremily sensitive on old square nails because of the content there made of , and small pieces of aluminum . After that I purchased a V3 & the V3i . I have got the super 12 coil on the V3 for Civil War fields . It does give me more depth than the 10 DD . But the old Tejon is still here for my Grandson to use . It will do the job . I have used many other machines . I only use the Whites now , saves me a lot of unnessary digging . Good luck .
    Civil War Nut
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD super coils

thumbsup01 I have a Vaquero and I really like it. Easy swinging and easy on the arm. In the near future, I want to try a Eldorado. I too have a Spectra V3, not too bad for the weight.

TC-NM
    Nokta Impact - White's XL Pro - White's Spectra V3i - Sunray Pro Gold HP, Whites E-9000 by Koss HP - White's Digger - Garrett Pro-pointer AT

Been Detecting Since '74

I was think in of a compardre for tot lots
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all