Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detecting over the holiday?

Re: Detecting over the holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    OMG, I just heard some ads saying that stores are opening at 4AM on Friday!!??

Are you kidding me?!?! Who the heck goes shopping at 4AM!!! stretcher:

yes, I am a female!!!
    L.L. Beans in Freeport Maine is open 24/7 and my favorite time to hit them is early morning such as around 2-4 a.m....so I guess I would be one them that goes shopping at 4 a.m.....not alot of people do so it makes for easy shopping and few crowds which is good for someone like me who hates shopping on a good day, nevermind when it is crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    the actual Angel silver dance , someone ought to sell tickets for this one i'm looking forward to it Angel should be very entertaining stretcher: lol lol don't forget to stretch real good buddy before you shake that thing . lol lol

yup i'll be out saturday maybe friday to if the plans go well .everyone have a great Thanks Giving .
    Dan
    The pressure! lol lol

By the way, I did do a bit of a dance after digging up the Barber half while hunting with Scott. I'm glad he didn't have his camera handy. lol lol

You gotta dance Angel, It part of the tradition of 400. Can't break with tradition. lol Otherwise we will have to schedule you for one
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    You gotta dance Angel, It part of the tradition of 400. Can't break with tradition. lol Otherwise we will have to schedule you for one
    I think I better stay home this weekend, my E-Trac caught a cold. lol

Well I'll be detecting my front yard in the morning while my lovely wife prepares my duck and Lemon Meringue Pie, so I have to build up an appetite. lol lol lol
    P.S. Believe it or not but I'm allergic to Turkey.
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Quote Originally Posted by marchas45 View Post
    Well I'll be detecting my front yard in the morning while my lovely wife prepares my duck and Lemon Meringue Pie, so I have to build up an appetite. lol lol lol
    P.S. Believe it or not but I'm allergic to Turkey.
    How can you be allergic to turkey on Thanksgiving? Every other day maybe, but on Thanksgiving? lol

I actually first read your post to be lemon merinque pie with duck in it
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    How can you be allergic to turkey on Thanksgiving? Every other day maybe, but on Thanksgiving? lol

I actually first read your post to be lemon merinque pie with duck in it
    lol lol lol lol sure reads that way dont it. The Turkey just won't digest in my stomach and I get sever cramps. Doctors told me that Turkey is the toughest of the meat family.
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Well we are supposed to have snow tomorrow and Friday. But Saturday is going to be sunny and I think I will be taking advantage of it. I have dug through a couple of inches of wet snow before I can do it again. Good luck to you all.
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Candidate Member

4am perfect time to start
    Hunting for that silver.

HH
    BIG JOHN
    To Have The Best You Have To Make It Yourself

Did not do turkey day this year, mom was in the hospital having a coiling for brain aneurysm surgery, but is OK now. Then my wife's mom went in Friday for having hallucinations and finally figured out it was her cancer meds that was causing them. Now that's it's all over I was going to hunt today but it's going to rain. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    Did not do turkey day this year, mom was in the hospital having a coiling for brain aneurysm surgery, but is OK now. Then my wife's mom went in Friday for having hallucinations and finally figured out it was her cancer meds that was causing them. Now that's it's all over I was going to hunt today but it's going to rain. Oh well!
    I'm glad to hear that your family is doing well. Hang in there, the weather will change and you will be able to get out again.

I was hoping to get in some extra swing time over the past few days but it didn't quite work out that way. I woke up early on Thanksgiving, but the first two parks I went to were packed with people. I ended up doing the edge of a park next to the roadway and found about fifty cents. On Friday, I went out at 8am after doing some shopping since 3 am. I found about 50 cents again. I was using my new-to-me BM600 coil and comparing it to the 950. Yesterday and today I woke up sick with a sinus infection or head cold, so I had to stay home .
    So inspite of the extra two days, I got the same amount of coil time in as a regular weekend.
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28