Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Survivors!

Re: Hello Survivors!

Hey Mel welcome

good to hear from ya Mel, keep us posted on the knee surgery and bring home the [glow=red,2,300]Goooold!!!![/glow]

Sacramento California
    V3i DFX MXT
    Excalibur II

UPDATE

Howdy Folks!
    Tomorrow is the big day. I should be in surgery at 9:45 tomorrow morning.
    They want me there at 8:15 a.m. Since the weather got bad, I might need to leave real early to get there because the roads are awful right now.

UPDATE

Ya'll know that I was really looking forward to getting this whole knee issue behind me without having it drag into another year. I really wanted this thing to be a 'done deal' by now, but it ain't.

I showed up and got all prepped and ready for surgery, but they couldn't find a vein. They really hurt me pretty bad with their failed attempt to start an I.V. Trust me when I say that I've been stuck plenty over 61 years of living, but nothing ever hurt like this episode. First one nurse tried her hand on my left wrist, failed, then tried again. Meanwhile, I was kidding with her about being unable to start a line. Then another nurse tried her hand. What she did was positively brutal. The pain was beyond belief. And she still managed to fail getting a line going. My confidence level was dropping like a stone as they decided to get somebody better qualified to start an I.V. They got the gas passer (anestesiologist) try his luck. He did amost a horrific job on the left wrist as the other nurse did on the right. Enough was enough and I told them I wanted to reschedule. The surgeon came in and talked with me and convinced me to give the gas passer one more try, this time going for the foot. I agreed with great reluctance, and he came back and stuck my foot. Once again, little to my surprise, he failed. I told them I was ready to get dressed.

I hobbled out of there looking like the more gruesome scenes from the movie Stigmata! I've been stuck plenty over 61 years, but never been hurt like this before. Voodoo dolls receive better and more gentle treatment.

And my confidence that they'd do a great job in surgery was shaken by their ability (or lack thereof) to start a simple I.V. line despite me being a 'tough stick'.

Now my humor is somewhat glum, and I start the new year knowing I still have this feldercarb looming in front of me.

My intention is to have my own personal doctor get his people to start a line and put in a butterfly valve the night before my next surgery date so I don't get abused further. Just go in with the plumbing already installed, ready to go, idiot proof. Then get ready to let the idiots do their thing while I'm unconscious.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Candidate Member

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to meeting all those here and old friends that arrived before me.
    Glenn

Hey Mel,

I was just a newbie over on the on the other site but there was just too much drama over there for me to really want to get involved. I stumbled on to this site a few weeks ago and although I'm not a big poster, I do like to hang out, listen and learn.

Cheers,
    My4Kiwis
    "When My Ship Comes In, I'll Probably be At The Airport"

Whites V3i 10DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1

Mel: Best wishes for tomorrow. I hope the surgery goes well. Keep us posted.
    Tomorrow should be a great day, provided nothing stops me from preventing it from not happening.

Howdy Folks!
    Again, a big welcome to all those souls who survived the chaos elsewhere on the net.
    I am totally delighted to see ya'll here. Especially the newer folks who walked right into the storm happening there.

I've sent a physical letter, priority mail, restricted delivery so the C.E.O. is the only person who can sign for it, and explained what's going on and how customers are walking away. Don't know if it will help, but if everybody did that, things might turn around on that other site.

Meanwhile, this is one fantastic forum. I believe we call can find safe harbor here, and feel confident that nobody is going to be subjected to name calling or abuse that was becoming commonplace elsewhere.
    This is a great forum, run by great people, and they'll treat everybody right.

So I hope everyone is enjoying this forum, having fun and maybe even writing letters. First to the old forum owner to let them know whats up there, and to the folks who run this forum here to express their appreciation for this wonderful forum. These folks are going a great job here, and should be commended!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    YTD = $73.21

Gunning for Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!
    Again, a big welcome to all those souls who survived the chaos elsewhere on the net.
    I am totally delighted to see ya'll here. Especially the newer folks who walked right into the storm happening there.

I've sent a physical letter, priority mail, restricted delivery so the C.E.O. is the only person who can sign for it, and explained what's going on and how customers are walking away. Don't know if it will help, but if everybody did that, things might turn around on that other site.

Meanwhile, this is one fantastic forum. I believe we call can find safe harbor here, and feel confident that nobody is going to be subjected to name calling or abuse that was becoming commonplace elsewhere.

So I hope everyone is enjoying this forum, having fun and maybe even writing letters. First to the old forum owner to let them know whats up there, and to the folks who run this forum here to express their appreciation for this wonderful forum. These folks are going a great job here, and should be commended!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    It never hurts to send a letter, but sometimes even that doesn't help. Thanks for the kind remarks about our forum. I hope White's straightens out their site, White's has had enough bruises this past year. If they really want to get their PR in a good light, they need to hire me lol I'd run through the place and get rid of all the riff raff and reward the smart people lol Sounds easy, but it never fails that businesses just keep promoting the brown nosers and troublemakers rofl
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Thanks M-T

Also thank you, and all the other new members too, for the kind words about the forum. We hope to make this a welcome place for everyone and we love making new friends
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Hi Mel
    Good to see ya posting over here,looks like the survivors were all washed up in the shores of a new forum

Welcome Mel.
    Whites mxt sunray probe stock coil 6×10 4×6 Minelab Etrac Garrett pro pointer and other stuff

back at ya Mel, good luck with the knife.......
    Sacramento California
    V3i DFX MXT
    Excalibur II

Candidate Member

Hey Mel - Glad to be back with you. With you the best for and keep us posted.
    Best of 2020 so far!

1800's
    1 - Barber dime - 1897O

1 - Draped bust - 1802

3 - Indian head penny - 1862,91,??

SILVER

Half dollar
    1- Walking liberty - 1941

Quarters
    1- Washington - 1936

Dimes
    2 - Barber - 1897O, 1907

10 - Mercury - 1917,18s,19,20(2),27(2),41,42,43
    6 - Roosevelt - 1952(2),54,56d,57,64

NON SILVER

Pennies
    1 - Draped bust - 1802

6 - Indian - 1862,91,18??,1900,02,08
    88 - wheat
    1 - British - 1927

Nickel
    3 - Buffalo - 1918,26,36

Hidy MT. I here I thank !
    Civil War Nut
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD super coils

Quote Originally Posted by Civil War Nut View Post
    Hidy MT. I here I thank !
    Howdy Pard!
    I think you am! Welcome aboard amigo!
    Glad you found your way to greener pasture.
    Just hitch up, fill a rocker on the porch, kick your boots off an enjoy a cuppa coffee.
    The view from here is considerable better these days.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    YTD = $73.21

Gunning for Gold!

thanks mel for hooking me up, there sure are a lot of peeps from the dark side of the moon. glad to be back in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by marinedad View Post
    thanks mel for hooking me up, there sure are a lot of peeps from the dark side of the moon. glad to be back in the loop.
    Howdy Amigo!
    I was beginning to wonder if you'd be coming along! Great to see you on this wonderful forum.
    The American Detectorist is about the best on the net. Certainly better than what's become of our old stomping ground. Some of us just don't hanker much to become corporate clones. We also ain't interested in being used as cannon fodder for the guns of demigods.

Rather than scratch them scabs, just let me say I am really delighted you've joined us on a forum where you can be yourself without spending your whole time walking on eggshells. The folks who ride herd on this bunch are just wonderful and pretty much leave folks alone. Except on Tuesdays, because they bowl on Wednesdays!

Seriously though, you've joined a most excellent forum, and it won't take long before you feel right at home!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    YTD = $73.21

Gunning for Gold!

Thanks for keeping me updated on the happenings online Mel. I gotta say, this forum looks to be a great place. It is good to see all the familiar handles out there and I can't wait to get the new ones.

Poker Jim

hoh yeah...

Hi Mel,

I used to go by PhotoJoe on another forum although I didn't post very often. I did read it a lot and learned much from you, Cyber, Evan, Neil, and others.

Good luck with you knee surgery. I had surgery on one of my knees to repair a torn meniscus 10 years ago and the same surgery on the other knee 5 years ago. Now they are both good as new!

Blessings,
    Joe
    Three Ringer
    Fauquier, VA
    V3i, D2, 6x10, 4x6, Super12, Pro Pointer
    Best finds: Eagle Sword Belt Plate, US Belt Plate, pair of Script A Confederate buttons, engraved sterling letter opener.