Thread: Research is the key

Research is the key

Hey what can I say, we waste no time lol Del and I got up early and were trudging through the snow at daybreak. We were looking for new cellar holes to do this coming Spring (or sooner lol) Must have put on 4 miles or so, but it felt like 10 with the snow and hilly terrain Here's some pictures of the 4 cellar holes we found today . I believe from the last picture, Dan is a happy man It's never too early to hit the books and walk the trails everyone thumbsup01
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: Research is the key

what the heck was i doing in the 4th picture , posing i don't remember doing that lol lol o.k. somebody say it yes Dan is sporting the latest winter apparel and camo-styled hiking boots , he's a capricorn and loves long walks on the beach lol lol lol i suspect you photo shopped those George , we're even for the log scooting shots i got of you buddy lol lol

but seriously we did do alot of tough hiking out in a suspected area that we thought had some promise despite the fact the maps didn't show any of these sites . this year wer're not wasting any time to do the research and about 4 hours of exercise with atleast 3 cellars to show for it is a very good day and i believe when our reasearch is done there will be some serious copper totals this year.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I hope it worth it to be out in that kind of cold
    Today is my day

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro 54 View Post
    You bet it is lol It really did look cold, but we were definitely overdressed. It probably reached 40ish when we finished up. That is a heat wave here in New England This kind of research will pay off many times over come Spring. Besides, we both can use the exercise rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro 54 View Post

Sweeet can't wait to see some of the good stuff coming out of those places,Dave
    Life Is Short,Make everyday Count,Go for the Gold!

Looks like some sweet spots for sure
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Them definitely look like some great old spots for sure, really old cellar holes thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    what the heck was i doing in the 4th picture , posing i don't remember doing that lol lol o.k. somebody say it yes Dan is sporting the latest winter apparel and camo-styled hiking boots , he's a capricorn and loves long walks on the beach lol lol lol i suspect you photo shopped those George , we're even for the log scooting shots i got of you buddy lol lol

but seriously we did do alot of tough hiking out in a suspected area that we thought had some promise despite the fact the maps didn't show any of these sites . this year wer're not wasting any time to do the research and about 4 hours of exercise with atleast 3 cellars to show for it is a very good day and i believe when our reasearch is done there will be some serious copper totals this year.

Dan

I can smell the old stuff just from the pics.

Thats my kind of detecting territory!!!!!!! Good luck to you both in the spring thumbsup01 Did I mention I could be there in less than 2 hours Good research, guys thumbsup01
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve View Post
    Thats my kind of detecting territory!!!!!!! Good luck to you both in the spring thumbsup01 Did I mention I could be there in less than 2 hours Good research, guys thumbsup01
    Anytime you want to come up Steve, just PM Del and beg for permission rofl He usually gives in after about 20 minutes of constant whining. No guarantees on finding anything but it may happen. It's a dog eat dog world out there cellar hole hunting lol

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    lol lol You did several poses there Dan. lol

That is quite a bit of snow that still remains out there. stretcher: But all that effort trekking through the woods in that snow in search of new hunting grounds will pay off handsomely. thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve View Post
    thanks Steve , yes your very much welcomed to join us anytime no whining required.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    lol lol You did several poses there Dan. lol

That is quite a bit of snow that still remains out there. stretcher: But all that effort trekking through the woods in that snow in search of new hunting grounds will pay off handsomely. thumbsup01
    well Angel with George behind the camera and editing process i should be very thankful i wasn't shown posing with a dress or see through nighty on. lol rofl rofl