Thread: Heavy Coil ?

Froggy

Heavy Coil ?

Got a heavy coil that is just killing your arm and or shoulder?

Shorten your lower rod one notch and see if life as you know it,gets better.

I learned the hard way. I had an MXT with a super 12 coil. I was starting to get serious shoulder pains and it felt like my shoulder was just wearing out. So, i sold my MXT (lucky for me the guy bought it for more than i had in it). I felt awful (or so i thought) No more detecting,life wasn't worth living (lol). Two days after i sold it,an old timer (listen to me (im almost 59) ) .told me to shorten the lower rod and try it before i sold my MXT. Well i went to my dealers and tested out his suggestion on a demo machine (wow what a difference) I bought another MXT and life was good again Funny how such a simple thing and make such a difference...

Re: Heavy Coil ?

Shortening the rod helps a lot It seems like you would want it longer for the reach effect, but that causes you to be reaching too far. Them coils are heavy lol My only problem is that I can not find a pair of Boggs waterproof booth that don't have any metal in them. lol My machine nulls if I get too close to my own shoes and I have to carry my long shovel behind my back, so that I don't get that one too rofl I must be a sight to see Great tip Froggy and it does work thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I actually bought a coil online that came with a rod and the rod is shorter than the other ones i have. So that is the one that's on my 12 coil. It makes it way easier to swing that big coil for several hours. And it makes me slow down a little too. So i don't detect my shoes. lol
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

If I put penny loafers on, I am guaranteed to at least find two coins lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Thanks for the pain tip Tom thumbsup01
    Today is my day

Veteran Member

that super 12 is a heavy coil. shortening the rod helps redistribute weight so that your arm is more like a fulcrum. so that the detector is more balanced.
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me