Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New crew members

Re: New crew members

Good post Angie. I'm sure winter time is the toughest time for Mods and Admins on Detecting Forums. The members get a little stir crazy from being stuck indoors and crazy threads get started. Believe me, I've been guilty more than a few times

The difference between the whites forum and here is that the team here treat the members as equals.

I'm not an attention seeker, but when you post a pic of a seated dime you find, you expect more of a response than kewl from the mods...

That place has been going downhill for a while now. In the past month or 2 it flatlined.

Yes, I was 1 of those members who have been there for a long time. We had lots of fun at 1 point. The car shows in the winter time were awesome!!! Maybe Toad and Judy can get it started here.

Some people who recently came over here may be waiting to see how the other site turns out. I made up my mind here is where i want to be. I wish I would have found this place sooner.

The funny thing about all of this is the whites mods know we're here. I KNOW they come in and peek around, see us all having a good time and wonder where they went wrong rofl rofl GOTTA LOVE IT!
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Well I have to say,sound like you guys pretty much said it all,of which i concur,it was time for a change,and i am thankful for the warm reception i have recieved here....It is a place to be proud of and is starting to feel like home again,Thank you,Dave
    Life Is Short,Make everyday Count,Go for the Gold!

Well said everyone. I for one won't issue.

Epi...I can completely understand/sympathize, after a long partnership, & admin of a very large md forum myself up until this spring. Too many family commitments and daughter's wedding took #1 in my life and felt I could NOT keep the quality/standards that our members expected & deserved 100% always!

Even tho having my own, Whites was my home, my family BIG time!!

I extended my hand behind the scenes early on, to those involved in Admin. that if there was ever a time they needed a how does answer, I was only a pm away.

I won't get into specifics already addressed above, but when it is clearly stated black/white to the entire membership to go elsewhere if they don't like it...man, that's all I needed to hear! 8/

From what I've heard the new rules change frequently, with no clear concise detailing in these rules of what is to be expected & allowed for posting!

For those established members here...we're all a good bunch, not troublemakers, never rude, occasionally during winter months yesss we can get a thread off topic...but it usually peters itself out.

I look forward to a new beginning in a new year thumbsup01

I ALL my Whites family from the other forum. Glad we are all here, well most of us, and glad to see we are all happy again. I can be very hateful so I won't go any further with bashing the Bosses there as I was sure to tell each what I thought of them. Oh and I love the Smiley selection too. Thank you folks for a GREAT forum where we all don't have to be on pins and needles.
    One find at a time.

I go back to post birthday posts. Some people won't get a happy birthday post if someone doesn't go do it.
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve View Post
    Good post Angie. I'm sure winter time is the toughest time for Mods and Admins on Detecting Forums. The members get a little stir crazy from being stuck indoors and crazy threads get started. Believe me, I've been guilty more than a few times

The difference between the whites forum and here is that the team here treat the members as equals.

I'm not an attention seeker, but when you post a pic of a seated dime you find, you expect more of a response than kewl from the mods...

That place has been going downhill for a while now. In the past month or 2 it flatlined.

Yes, I was 1 of those members who have been there for a long time. We had lots of fun at 1 point. The car shows in the winter time were awesome!!! Maybe Toad and Judy can get it started here.

Some people who recently came over here may be waiting to see how the other site turns out. I made up my mind here is where i want to be. I wish I would have found this place sooner.

The funny thing about all of this is the mods know we're here. I KNOW they come in and peek around, see us all having a good time and wonder where they went wrong rofl rofl GOTTA LOVE IT!
    Here you go Stevie Ray Gun.... LOL!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    One find at a time.

I knew that would come in handy. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    One find at a time.

OH MIKE !!! that is just cold dude rofl rofl

Welcome guys heres my 2 cents worth any ways I have been on this forum for some time now as well as the other forum and I think you will find it a warm and friendly place to hang out in, <: <: I know I have, Im like Nitro im on the fence myself but I think after hearing the horror stories I may be leaning towards this side of the fence once again welcome and enjoy as I know you will.

sarge
    Be Safe And Happy Hunting All

Sarge

As a former moderator of that forum I have to say that while it was over on T-Net we had a few blowups over posts and threads during a few periods of growing pains and during Cabin Fever Season.

We moderators, Rudy and I then Robert and Kenny too tried to keep the forum according to White's wishes at the time: Family friendly, no buying/selling, and no competitive brand discussions. Thanks to a certain dealer there was an addition of no competitive posturing too.

The worst blow up IMHO was when someone posted a racial slur and was moderated. Boy that stirred up a hornets nest! Free speech was yelled and Rudy & I had to remind people that it was a moderated forum and not a free speech venue. We also had to get them to think about what kind of message those types of posts would send to perspective customers who aren't white males. The forum is an extension of the company whose products every member used and loved. Once that was understood the users became self policing and our moderating job became MUCH easier.

My time on the forum was less and less towards the end of my moderator status. We spent more time banning spammers than moderating posts and I was looking for a good excuse to step down when the admin decided to change out moderators. The timing was great for me but what happened next was something I felt was a true slap in the face. The forum was drastically changed overnight and without a good plan or without much thought behind it. It was a total shock to me as I was 100% in the dark about it.

Rules were in flux for over a week and the moderators were coming down on posts like it was an unfriendly/uncaring monarchy. Posts were disappearing without notice/notification and people were being dealt with for revolting against the changes.

Rest assured if I was in place as a moderator there would've been a much smoother transistion to the forum. If the admin would've announced the changes, let people know what they were going to be, why they were changing, and what the new layout and rules would be then most of this could've been avoided. It's like it was all done off the cuff and without much thought of the forum users who are all customers that buy the company's products. I'm sorry that I wasn't part of the changes on the forum.

RJ
    If you're ever around Dallas and want to do some treasure hunting give me a shout!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Fisher View Post
    I knew that would come in handy. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    Thanks Mike!
    Having fun is what it is all about!

I thought you might appreciate that. Got to admit that it was funny. But only to us that have been there and done that of corse.
    One find at a time.

I think Mel did a pretty good job summing things up. I was one off the first ones to go after trying to get them to listen to what forum members wanted in a forum. I sent several emails and PM's to them . I was asked to explain what I meant when I told them they they were out of touch with forum members and it appears they don't care about members concerns. I never got a reply after I, in detail, explained what I meant and how folks were feeling so I told them to delete my account and delete all my posts (around 4000) as I did not want my finds to promote purchases for their products since the forum had become cold, commercialized, and run by a Gestapo type mentality. After the second request to do so, they deleted my account and posts. I won't go back regardless of what they do.
    Oh yeah! [img width=44 height=55]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/goatrancher/Smileys/Old.gif[/img] Well take this!

Don't feel bad Froggy, I had a post moderated after I became a standard member.

I told someone about the manual ground balance you can do on the Prizm series and promptly was told it was something that shouldn't be out on the forum.

As for why someone else's pic was allowed to stay, I have no idea. Maybe they decided to let the cat out of the bag... hard to say. I do know that one of the beta testers was bitched at for letting restricted info slip more than once - for the V3 and for the TDI.
    If you're ever around Dallas and want to do some treasure hunting give me a shout!

Howdy Folks!
    Now that we've hashed out what happened, and everybody knows the situation, and the evidence appears to be that White's isn't interested in us as customers, how about we put this topic to bed, eh? It's been brought out into the light of day (or night as happens to be my case right now) and we all know the score.

This is merely a suggestion, but how about we close this chapter of our lives and move forward into a new year on a new forum and leave what's past in the past?

The new year is one filled with bright hope and a world of opportunity for all of us. We can move forward more swiftly if we leave yesterday's baggage behind. Let's all get out there and start the new year with terrific finds, productive hunts, and all the fun we will have.

That song heard this time of year is particularly poignant;
    May old acquaitance be forgot, and never broght to mind,

Well, lots of the old acquaitance is right here, along with a whole bunch of new friends.
    I'm hoping to get out tomorrow and plow through the snow with my coil and drag home some more gold and silver. Who knows, I might have something really nifty to show off, and if I do, you'll see it here! Yes, right here where we still have a community of friends and kinship with those that share our hobby.

Methinks this will be a terrific year, and I for one would shake the dust off my feet from sad lament to one of good cheer and fellowship! Anybody care to share the ride?

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Let's just forget about the other place and continue having fun on this forum <: <: <: <: <:
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

What Carver said It's like ground hogs day with that topic

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    What Carver said It's like ground hogs day with that topic
    Howdy Greg!
    Not quite like Groundhog's Day. In the movie by that name, the guy eventually got out of that cycle.
    Hmmmm kinda like we all got out of Dodge!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!