Thread: curious

curious

will some of you non whites users tell me what frequencie your detector 0perates on, Im trying to figure out the best all around freq for detecting.
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

Re: curious

Quote Originally Posted by BOWSER View Post
    will some of you non whites users tell me what frequencie your detector 0perates on, Im trying to figure out the best all around freq for detecting.
    Minelab runs on a lot of frequencies, so that won't help you much lol The DFX runs on (approx) 3khz and 15khz. The 3khz hits better on copper and silver, the 15khz hits better on gold and nickels. A lot of previous Whites detectors ran on a frequency around 6-7 khz I think. This was an all around good hunting frequency. In my opinion, the more choices you get from different frequencies, the better. My finds have increased a lot since I switched brands. But since I don't learn very fast lol the learning curve was about 6 months. I laugh now at it, since it should have been 6 minutes rofl I had a hard time letting go of the way a White's detector worked. Frequencies are important, but I find ground moisture to be just as important. Just some thoughts Bowser.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Now, low frequencies will penetrate the ground deeper and are more responsable to higher conductives as silver. The higher freq's will be better for the lower conductives as gold, and they are more sensitive to smaller objects. The real GOLD machines run at levels from 40+ kHz to 70+ kHz. But they're not that deep.
    Personally I think there is no best freqency.
    The beach machines of detector pro run at 2 kHz and they do very good in the wet salty beaches. But I don't know how they are on small gold jewelry.
    The CZ-70 Pro i.e. is a dual as the DFX is, too. Both use the 3 kHz & 15kHz. Personally I like the performance better of the CZ. All the settings the DFX has I have no need for. But I'm going to divagate.

The best detector is that one you can handle with ease and that finds you the good stuff. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by ThE kRAuT View Post
    Now, low frequencies will penetrate the ground deeper and are more responsable to higher conductives as silver. The higher freq's will be better for the lower conductives as gold, and they are more sensitive to smaller objects. The real GOLD machines run at levels from 40+ kHz to 70+ kHz. But they're not that deep.
    Personally I think there is no best freqency.
    The beach machines of detector pro run at 2 kHz and they do very good in the wet salty beaches. But I don't know how they are on small gold jewelry.
    The CZ-70 Pro i.e. is a dual as the DFX is, too. Both use the 3 kHz & 15kHz. Personally I like the performance better of the CZ. All the settings the DFX has I have no need for. But I'm going to divagate.

The best detector is that one you can handle with ease and that finds you the good stuff. IMHO
    Fisher has some great machines. The only thing I couldn't get around was their love for iron nails, but the ones I tried were in the 80's. Hopefully they can get rid of most of the iron nowdays. In reality, there is no magic frequency to find everything we want. Different parts of the country need different technologies. In some parts, I bet the MXT trumps the DFX, because of its tracking. Some parts Minelab is not a good fix, even though it has all the right frequencies. The best way to do it is to pick a good machine and then find someone near you to give you some time on it. Sounds easy but it's probably hard to get them to do it lol My best finds come from picking a top of the line (or near top of the line) machine and then learn how to use it. Time spent digging is irreplaceable.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Since there are different soil conditions all over, there are different frequency units for the type of items you are searching for.
    Some ground has iron in it and other minerals that make ground balancing sometimes a bit more difficult than other areas.
    Ground Tracking on detectors has gotten more advanced in the last 5 years and that helps in keeping from manually adjusting that all the time--like we used to have to do.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Quote Originally Posted by BOWSER View Post
    will some of you non White's users tell me what frequencie your detector 0perates on, Im trying to figure out the best all around freq for detecting.
    Notify moderator rofl rofl rofl
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

You know Jim u should pm Rick about this...he's the king of that machine boyhowdy!!! and the reason I say pm him, is because you know Rick, he may miss this thread lol

I know what frequency his detector operates on 13 somethin, the question is what freq is he on.
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all