Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to post

Where to post

Wondering exactly where we would post up our finds if they contain relics, clad & jewelry? Lots of times I'll do 2 kinds of hunt in 1 day and always group the finds together in a few photos.

I won't assume, so hope to hear from the powers that be where would be appropriate - thanks.

Re: Where to post

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Wondering exactly where we would post up our finds if they contain relics, clad & jewelry? Lots of times I'll do 2 kinds of hunt in 1 day and always group the finds together in a few photos.

I won't assume, so hope to hear from the powers that be where would be appropriate - thanks.
    Hey Judy, It's not that any section can't contain both coins and relics. I primarily hunt for relics, but show coins when they come up. If it were me and I was coinshooting in a park for the day, and relics come up, I would post them in the coinshooting section. If I were on a relic hunt in the woods, then I would post whatever was found there in the relic section. We just try and keep the main hunt in the proper sections. Just no posting your coinshooting in the classified section lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Thanks I mainly do relics, but occasionally I do a few hrs. in a park, so mite have a mitt full of clad and hoped we didn't have to make 2 posts.

Good to know thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Thanks I mainly do relics, but occasionally I do a few hrs. in a park, so mite have a mitt full of clad and hoped we didn't have to make 2 posts.

Good to know thumbsup01
    Nope Just put them all together or however you wish, wherever you feel it's most relevant
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Just no posting your coinshooting in the classified section lol
    Howdy Folks!
    Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying we can only post coinshooting finds that have been classified in some way in the classified section? I usually just group em like Buffalos, Mercs, Rosies, etc, but didn't realize we had to get them classified.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post

Howdy Folks!
    Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying we can only post coinshooting finds that have been classified in some way in the classified section? I usually just group em like Buffalos, Mercs, Rosies, etc, but didn't realize we had to get them classified.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Now you are confusing me Mel lol No coins in the classified section Was just sacracm.

Judy I figure ahh what the heck yesterday when I was going to post what I found in the woods, I'll post it in relic finds cause most of the time when I'm hunting in the woods that's what I go for. It looks like my thinking was right down the alley as what coinnut's response was. I have also seen there's a forum for posting videos so from now on I'll try to refrain from putting something I've uploaded to utube in other place's like relic finds etc.

Great question Judy... sometimes I wonder the same.

Here is what I have been doing. If my digs from the day mostly contain coins.... that is where they go. If they mostly contain relics... they go there. Seems to work so far.

I do like to keep each hunts finds together for documenting on my end.

After thinking about your question more... I wonder if categorizing by type of place hunted would be more helpful or just add more confusion?

Just thinking out loud, but possibly...

Cellar holes / Woods / Ghost towns / Battlefields

Yards / Schools / Churches / Parks

Beach / Water

Over time, it might be neat to see the patterns of what is being found where. Just food for thought I guess.

The way this board is set up now is great... Judy's question just got me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post

After thinking about your question more... I wonder if categorizing by type of place hunted would be more helpful or just add more confusion?

Just thinking out loud, but possibly...

Cellar holes / Woods / Ghost towns / Battlefields

Yards / Schools / Churches / Parks

Beach / Water

Over time, it might be neat to see the patterns of what is being found where. Just food for thought I guess.

The way this board is set up now is great... Judy's question just got me thinking.
    Hey Joe, it would just end up having people's posts lost in the mix. When there is a lot of activity on a forum, posts can go unread or under-read because of the sheer volume of new posts. That's why it's kept simple, so that everyone can view them easily. The catagories were created to keep similar subjects together. If you are reading about coinshooting, then anything related to the hunt is OK. We just don't want posts that have coinshooting, being lumped with selling a detector, with a home project, with beautiful pictures of someone's vacation, all being grouped together.

Do I post pulltabs and bottle caps in the relics section George?
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve View Post
    hey Steve , please feel free to directly mail them to George as i know how much he would truely appreciate them kinds of things up close and all. lol lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hey Steve , please feel free to directly mail them to George as i know how much he would truely appreciate them kinds of things up close and all. lol lol
    Thanks for the reply Dan. I still have Georges address. I'll sent them out first thing in the AM thumbsup01

Well where ever you post them, I wanna see those sweet finds.

Hey Joe, it would just end up having people's posts lost in the mix. When there is a lot of activity on a forum, posts can go unread or under-read because of the sheer volume of new posts. That's why it's kept simple, so that everyone can view them easily. The catagories were created to keep similar subjects together. If you are reading about coinshooting, then anything related to the hunt is OK. We just don't want posts that have coinshooting, being lumped with selling a detector, with a home project, with beautiful pictures of someone's vacation, all being grouped together.
    Makes great sense to me how you folks have the board broken down. It works great.

More than anything I was just thinking out loud.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I still have Georges address. I'll sent them out first thing in the AM thumbsup01
    Thanks boys, I'll take all the aluminum you want. Copper, lead, brass, silver and gold too You can send Del the plastic, and iron...he loves those thumbsup01

In a 150 years you can post the in the relics section. lol

So, I have a question... If I am selling my coins I found coinshooting with someone who is new to American Detectorist at the beach ... can I post them in the classified section?

What about if I found my relics at the beach and want to trade them for old coins with a Hunting Buddy. Where would that go

I need some answers George!!!

rofl
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    In a 150 years you can post the in the relics section. lol

So, I have a question... If I am selling my coins I found coinshooting with someone who is new to American Detectorist at the beach ... can I post them in the classified section?

What about if I found my relics at the beach and want to trade them for old coins with a Hunting Buddy. Where would that go

I need some answers George!!!

rofl
    Just give me all the stuff you find Jack and we can call it even That solves everything...... Another satisfied customer rofl rofl

This George guy is good! He handles problems with ease. All these problems are no longer problems anymore. At least now I know where all my posts have to go. Im just going to post in off topic from now on.

Im just going to post in off topic from now on.
    lol Thank God, now we can simplify the forum to one button

lol Thank God, now we can simplify the forum to one button
    Im here to help