Thread: Merc Makes Me Happy

Merc Makes Me Happy

Got out this morning thinking I would go for a big clad day but I couldn't get my park hunt from a few days ago out of my head... so after the tot lot I headed to one of the larger, older parks in Rochester which I have never hunted. Unlike the last park I hunted, this one was kinder to the Sov, with less trash and no nulling but fewer targets too. I poked around for a while and pulled some sparse clad, a ball with a threaded hole in it which tested silver with my acid kit, half a nice silver sun and moon ring stamped .925, and finally a deep 1927 wheat. There were too few targets for my tastes though so I left after the wheat. At that point my clad goals faded and I had the itch for silver. So I headed to my one spot which has been great to me all summer. Targets were oddly sparse here too, but I managed an interesting 1950 netherlands 5 cent piece, apparently called a Stuiver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuiver

A short while later I pulled a 29 wheat and then a 45 Merc. I would maintain the Wigned Liberty Head Dimes are the nicest coin this country ever minted. Needless to say, it made my day.

Total for the morning was 68 coins worth $5.03. I'd like to get another 400 coins before the year is over... hopefully I will have a good day tomorrow.

Happy hunting!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Re: Merc Makes Me Happy

Good hunt Z. You made some nice finds. I do love the mercury dimes too. It is a very beautiful design, and they do make for exciting digs. I never tire of finding them.

I wish you much success on tomorrow's hunt!

Nice hunt Z. Silver always makes for a good day. Funny looking 5 on that Merc though. Nice foreign coin too. Always nice to get out and swing for a while. thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Nice hunt Z. Too bad around the ring it would have been a cool one. Lovely Merc..
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Nice silver!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Great looking hunt Z! Congrats on the nice looking merc and other goodies! thumbsup01

good merc Z congrats

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Funny looking 5 on that Merc though.
    Coinnut should know he is the authority thumbsup01

on funny looking that is lol lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

Coinnut should know he is the authority thumbsup01

on funny looking that is lol lol
    I think you need a nap there, Jr. Member
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Good hunting Z Man! I love those Mercs too.
    MXT, Explorer SE Pro

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Nice hunt Z. Silver always makes for a good day. Funny looking 5 on that Merc though. Nice foreign coin too. Always nice to get out and swing for a while. thumbsup01
    Not sure if it's just the pic? Here's another pic with a second 45 Merc under it. I guess it does look as though the top part of the five is a little thicker than the other.

Thanks for the comments all!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Nice finds, I too really like Mercs . I wish this country would stop putting dead Presidents on coins and start making pieces of art again, something we could all be proud of thumbsup01.
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Congrats on the silver finds, Z-man! Good luck with your hunt. I hope you do hit 400!

Congrats on your finds Z and your dilligence hitting a few spots also your favorite spot paying off with silver. thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.