Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ken White, C.E.O, Speaks Up!

Re: Ken White, C.E.O, Speaks Up!

Well, I went over and read what was said. Sounds like a little crawfishing to me, but it was handled improperly in the beginning and that still sticks in my crawl. They had some goal in mind to make it more business oriented it appears to me and obviously didn't care about what forum members thought. So now they do? I don't trust them and I don't believe it will go back to the way it once was. Even if they put it back exactly the way it was there is still more benefit to the American Detectorist Forum. You can talk about other detectors and products here without getting your knuckles cracked and you can sell items here. I am not kissing and making up.
    Oh yeah! [img width=44 height=55]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/goatrancher/Smileys/Old.gif[/img] Well take this!

lets let go of this subject here on this forum,these people should'nt have to hear about our particular problems. lets try to have fun here.I have a garretts detector too.
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

Quote Originally Posted by BOWSER View Post
    lets let go of this subject here on this forum,these people should'nt have to hear about our particular problems. lets try to have fun here.I have a garretts detector too.
    I am having fun.
    Oh yeah! [img width=44 height=55]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/goatrancher/Smileys/Old.gif[/img] Well take this!

Anything that wasn't flattering was dumped.. Sorry, i was rushed, And had to come back and re-read..
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Howdy Folks!
    Bowser is right about we maybe should let it go. We have a new forum with great folks running the show, and Bowser doesn't need to worry about his post being deleted or locked here, or maybe getting suspended because he mentioned Garretts!

The fact is, we all search for treasure, so it shouldn't be a huge surprise that we eventually got the shaft. On this forum, we get dignity and respect and the fellowship of all our friends from the old place. Since everybody that was there is now here (with more coming along with each passing day) we don't really need to revisit a place that had little regard for members.
    When a company doesn't treat their customers right, their customers will find somebody who does.
    I am a real believer in Karma. What goes around, comes around. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. However you phrase it, the meaning is the same. You reap what you sew. It's all on the wheel, and whatever goes out comes back again, in spades! They've created this situation, and the return on the karmic level will pan out. I just keep repeating to myself Those who cross me do not prosper! They've done what they have, and will ultimately pay a karmic price for what they did. They'll have to live with the consequences of their actions.

But we don't really need to drop down to that level ourselves. We have a bright new year to celebrate on a brand, spanking new (at least to most of us) forum that gives respect to each member and safeguards their dignity.

A forum, any forum, isn't about a bunch of electrons on a server somewhere. It is about the people who become part of that forum. The members are the heart and soul of a forum. Without members, who needs a forum? Since most of the active members are now here, our purpose is achieved. We are together just as we were before, only with people who honor us with kindness and understanding.

Sure, there are some real tender wounds that resulted from what happened. But they'll heal quicker if we don't pick at the scabs. We can look forward to seeing posts from all those great folks who came over here, along with those already here, and celebrate the fact that not only do we still have all our old friends, but a whole forum full of new friends that welcomed us with open arms. That's pretty terrific so far as I am concerned.

My last few days &quotver there were spent writing dozens of private messages and emails to folks I cared about on that forum to let them know where everybody went, and promoting the American Detectorist.
    Some of the folks here now are here because I urged them to check it out. Snickerdoodle came after a phone conversation that lasted almost an hour. I think Evan came because I encouraged him to do so. Quite a few others came to see this forum after I wore out my keyboard contacting them. And each of them that came has expressed their joy and wonder at this great forum we now enjoy. More will be coming because I surely sent out a heap of emails, and some folks dont check every day, so it might take awhile. But I no longer feel any need to traipse back there, like a dog returns to his own vomit.
    We don't need them as badly as they need us. And evidently, we are more valued here than we have been in a long time.

So let's do as Bowser suggests. Let's forget about them. They have no power here.
    But we, as a group and as individuals have overwhelming power. We have the power to vote.
    And we've already voted with our feet. We are here, and it is wonderful.
    We wanted respect, and we got it with American Detectorist.
    We wanted to be accorded dignity, and we got that too. American Detectorist.
    We wanted the right to speak what we would, and we have that too. American Detectorist.
    We wanted reasonable moderators, and we got that. American Detectorist.
    We didn't like having posts locked or deleted capriciously, and it doesnt happen with American Detectorist.

Best of all, we have the whole gang right here, at American Detectorist.
    And I'm mighty proud to be here, and thankful for the situation bringing us all together again!
    Thankful too that these wonderful folks have done all in their power to make us at home and welcome.
    They dont even seem to mind that we're strange, or say silly things sometimes.
    So far as I'm concerned, I'll forget all about any other forum and bask in the warm hospitality that makes American Detectorist feel like home again.

And in all of that, I am content!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

I posted 1 thread in the Whites forum this year but as of yet I doubt I'll be a regular there too soon. I might go to the chatroom this weekend, I haven't done that for a while but American Detectorists forum is still the cats meow of forums in my opinion. A few months ago I asked Robert if it was ok to post the story about blockers pond (posted in this forum now) and was unable to because Garrett is in the story and Al (the writer) had no evident intentions of promoting Garrett in his story. That was just one of many things that left a bad taste in my mouth about that forum.

From what i read in that post they are just going to reinstate the deleted post in the new meet and greet section, NOT bring the MISC. back
    One thing i like about this forum is the ability to even mention another detector maker.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWSER View Post
    AMEN to that Jim!!!
    Like I said in an earlier post,,,Let's forget about that other place and let's have fun here <: <: <: <: <:
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Evan/tn View Post
    From what i read in that post they are just going to reinstate the deleted post in the new meet and greet section, NOT bring the MISC. back
    One thing i like about this forum is the ability to even mention another detector maker.
    You are correct sir. By talking about other brands other then Whites, that is how one truly learns more about this hobby of ours.

Someone needs to apply a bit of adult supervision over there.

I read the CEO's post and it appears that the he hasn't figured out that the mass departure was caused in large part by a moderator that refused to follow the rules. Based on Mr. White's statement that person is a very capable volunteer moderator

Looks like no change to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick M View Post
    I posted on it.. If the WHOLE thing was restored, peeps may visit it...

Looks like you got deleted with everyone else how posted to his letter. It's now a closed thread rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post

Looks like you got deleted with everyone else how posted to his letter. It's now a closed thread rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    Yep i just read it 30 min. ago. comments are deleted and topic locked.......sad

I havent been back to the other forum since arriving here and dont plan to for a long time if ever. I wish the Whites forum nothing but the best and the Whites family continued success I am a user and will continue to be a user of their and others products and am HAPPY to be in a forum now where I can freely discuss my opinion experiences likes and dislikes of the producets I choose to buy and use. Thank You Whites forum for putting up with me while I was there and THANKYOU AD Forum for opening your doors to me so the landing was less abrupt. Good to be back in a group of fellow detectorists. Chris
    Loving my God, Being a husband and father, Detecting every chance I get!

I couldn't agree more that we need to just let it rest, but I understand the need to get the frustration out.

I had to go back to see if it was actually locked (that would be unbelievable)

It isn't locked now but umm.. someone named biffy fired off a straight to the core truthful post and it nearly made me spill my coffee!!!
    Grand Rapids, MN
    DFX 300
    Sunray DX-1

Quote Originally Posted by psychposse View Post
    I couldn't agree more that we need to just let it rest, but I understand the need to get the frustration out.

I had to go back to see if it was actually locked (that would be unbelievable)

It isn't locked now but umm.. someone named biffy fired off a straight to the core truthful post and it nearly made me spill my coffee!!!

That Biffy guy sounds like my kind of guy 8)

We'll, the thread is now locked and closed! LOL
    Grand Rapids, MN
    DFX 300
    Sunray DX-1

Quote Originally Posted by ec121connie View Post
    Someone needs to apply a bit of adult supervision over there.

I read the CEO's post and it appears that the he hasn't figured out that the mass departure was caused in large part by a moderator that refused to follow the rules. Based on Mr. White's statement that person is a very capable volunteer moderator

Looks like no change to me.
    I agree, it has no moderation worth revisiting. I will stay right here because I'm happy with the way these folks run things. I also have to respect them for letting us all come in and accepting us with open arms. Don't plan on going back to that hole where the Mods are gods and belittle the common folk such as myself. For a man to tell me that i know nothing about my machine and i'm finding old coins and relics versus his clad then I do feel a bit insulted.
    Again I do thank you folks here for being one of us instead of above us and I will continue my post and activity right here.
    One find at a time.

It's a regime now.. You can voice your opinion, But it will be locked and deleted,,,,
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by psychposse View Post
    We'll, the thread is now locked and closed! LOL
    It's opened in Meet and Greet....for what ever it's worth...
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

BIFFY RULES!!!!!!
    Having fun is what it is all about!