Thread: Scored some silver today

Scored some silver today

I went back to an area that had done me well in the past. I don't normally go there because it's such a long drive, but I really felt like getting some silver so I could try and catch up to Steve before the end of the year. When I arrived the empty lot wasn't empty anymore. Someone had gone and built a building on it! So I went across the street and asked if I could detect their yard and got a yes. I was rewarded with a 1911 D Barber dime and two wheats. The dime was 7 down and was coming up as 12-43 on most passes. I don't know why, but it seems a lot of the deeper, older dimes ring up around 12-40 through 12-43.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Re: Scored some silver today

Nice looking Baber Dale and you can't beat finding those Wheaties.. You were nicely rewarded!!

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Way to go Dale nice looking coins. thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Nice ones Dale. I just love seeing barbers come out of the ground.

I have to say, I tend to be too shy to ask to detect on private property. I need to start hanging around with you.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Nice ones Dale. I just love seeing barbers come out of the ground.

I have to say, I tend to be too shy to ask to detect on private property. I need to start hanging around with you.
    I'm fairly shy myself, but I try not to let it keep me from finding silver. Unlike where you are, we don't have a lot of public places to hunt which forces you to knock on doors or go without.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDigger View Post
    I'm fairly shy myself, but I try not to let it keep me from finding silver. Unlike where you are, we don't have a lot of public places to hunt which forces you to knock on doors or go without.
    I hear you. I drive by some private properties around here and I drool at the opportunity to detect them.

Nice coin !!! Congratulations getting silver today!

Nice! I love how the silver looks when it comes out of the ground.
    There's an uncontrolable smile that hits when you see a glimmer of it in the ground.

Nice silver! I need to come follow you around and pick your brain in person some time.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Nice silver! I need to come follow you around and pick your brain in person some time.
    If you don't mind driving a little ways. I could meet you someplace near Ponca City. Maybe we could get a couple of other people to join us.

Nice job on the barber Dale! Looks like you are catching up to me! I better get my butt in gear and get out sometime when it is not raining around here.

It started raining on me so I had to cut my hunt short. I'll be heading back over there this weekend to finish off that yard.

Nice barber dime Dale! You are doing excellent with the E-trac!

You.... shy? And Angel? Good one
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Nice job....Barbers are always a pleasure to find!!!

Nice Dale!! I too have to get over my shyness and ask to hunt some of the old homes out here!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

yup nice barber Dale i'll never get tired of seeing one of those come to light . thumbsup01

hey maybe we should all attend a shy-ness help group to help us cope with our fears of rejection

"Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album