Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other hobbies?

Candidate Member

Re: Other hobbies?

Riding atv, shooting my guns and reloading.
    To all the people who lost stuff in the past THANKS.

XLT, V3i

Let's see, the short list. Hunting deer, turkey, pheasants, elk and coyote, shooting, fishing with regular tackle and flyfishing, fly tying, camping, working on my MG, running marathons and photography. That's about all I have time for.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

My hobbies besides MDing are astronomy and messing with computers. I'm telling folks I don't do computers anymore though. They all seem to think I should fix theirs for free and pay for the parts besides. I also enjoy cooking and reading.

Well if you ask my hubby what my other hobby is...he'd tell you in a heartbeat....driving him nuts rofl

ahhhh life's simple pleasures thumbsup01

Veteran Member

Astronomy since I was a Kid, the Pic is getting ready for the evening star Party

I also enjoy...
    Fishing
    Golf
    Camping
    Chipping arrowheads
    Woodwork
    Photography
    Snowshoeing
    Drinking a Nice glass of Wine .

And lots of other things ...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

Wow Dave, quite a setup you got there, very cool.

I like to go to the target range and plink around with my pistols. That costs money though, more and more these days, which is what makes detecting so great. Just gotta throw the machine in the car and go. I also like playing around on my computer, mostly checking out the latest virals. School, work and family take up quite a bit of my time but I would really like to learn to play the piano. I enjoy general numismatics and even some video editing as well.

Poker Jim

Wow, great thread I love the photos!

I like to ski (downhill snow ski) and rollerblade and dance. More or less anything that moves fast.

I also have always loved history and antiques. Particularly antique furniture. Love going to auctions... have a bunch of great furniture to put into my Victorian era house someday

Love exploring abandoned houses...

I am a single mom with 3 kids. I have converted my daughter, who is 10, into watching HGTV (it's her favorite channel now lol ) and she and I love to update and upgrade houses. For the last 10 years or so I have bought farms (mostly recreational hunting farms in Iowa) and flipped them for profit. I would love to start doing that with houses, and I am trying to learn the skills to do a lot of home renovating work myself.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

My other hobby that ranks right at the top with metal detecting is wilderness camping/fishing.

However, since the birth of our daughter 2 years ago, wilderness travel has been put temporarily on pause.

Since I was in my 20's, I have made several trips a year to the very northern part of Minnesota, to a 1 million acre place called the Boundary Waters. It is truly an indescribable experience to be sitting miles from civilization with no other sounds than the erie howls of a pack of wolves or the singing of lonely loon at sunset. It's truly like stepping back in time 400+ years.

I can't wait to be able to share the wilderness experience with my daughter for the first time.

These are a few pictures from our last trip...

Joe. Do you have any idea how incredible your photos are?

My fave is the sunset, but they are all excellent. Magazine quality. You are talented.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Joe. Do you have any idea how incredible your photos are?
    Thanks but the credit here really goes to the subject matter. It's almost hard to take a bad photo up there.

Right behind tecting would be diving, and some ocean fishing, preferably a charter boat where they take you out to the biggins.

[img][/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I love this thread!!! Thanks for starting it JD I want to respond to just about everybody's post here lol That's really cool you scuba dive Napa Steve, I've only been snorkling. Ever been face to face with a shark?

Great pics Joe- esp the one where the wolf is in your campsite! I also have love of wilderness/backpacking and am in same boat with having small children. We've been doing the car camping/campground scene for past few years and I can't wait to break out my backpack again!!

Another hobby of mine is arrowhead hunting. Such a great feeling to get out in the fields, I have a thread around here somewhere with pics of my collection. I never found anything especially valuable, like a nice paleo point, but still fun all the same!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Thought I'd share my old arrowhead thread... brag brag brag

http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...18960#msg18960
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Cool thread! I am a life long stamp collector and postal historian, but also collect old books, documents, letters, etc. etc., related to Wisconsin history. I also enjoy camping. I don't collect coins, but do like finding them! (Joe, nice photo's, the northwoods are awesome, no doubt!!!)
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token