Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other hobbies?

Other hobbies?

I was curious as to what other hobbies you folks had. I am just getting into MD'ing and have been bitten bad. My wife just rolled her eyes when I mentioned I had another hobby...she thinks I have too many. I have no idea why??

I am an avid fisherman...I am a bass fisherman at heart and I love to fish competitively. With a wife from New Zealand and now that I live in Colorado, I have become hooked on fly-fishing as well. With that I discovered fly tying.

I love to hunt, especially bow-hunting for deer and elk. I also enjoying hunt upland birds, turkeys and ducks.
    I love to shoot...especially skeet leagues. I like to re-load my own ammunition, both shotgun and rifle.

I don't think I have too many hobbies...I just enjoy my fun time!

Cheers,
    JD
    "When My Ship Comes In, I'll Probably be At The Airport"

Whites V3i 10DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1

Re: Other hobbies?

It's a good thing for the mind to have hobbies. And not to bad for the soul either lol
    Besides metal detecting, I play guitar, bottle hunt, collect stamps, enjoy music and a wee bit of ufo researching.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

hobbies are a good thing as they usually keep us men out of trouble but sometimes they can us into trouble as well. lol lol

i collect old bitters and medicine bottles , some older coins , old military buttons . i also do alot of camping , fishing and off roading in my jeep.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Used to fish like a maniac ! Also golfed .. Sometimes the same course 2 times a day..Once i started detecting, All the other hobbies took a back seat...
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Motorcycles, fishing and hunting but I metal detect the most.

I enjoy woodworking and even like to build a guitar or a propeller every now and again. Scrap wood and the firewood pile are my friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by ec121connie View Post
    I enjoy woodworking and even like to build a guitar or a propeller every now and again. Scrap wood and the firewood pile are my friends.
    Great job on the guitar I used to build professional drums at a company called Noble and Cooley. Something about working wood that gets the blood boiling lol We used to steam 1/4 maple boards and bend them to the different diameters of drum shells. You do really nice work thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Fresh water fishing. My daughter out fishes me every time lol
    Whites M6, Eclipse 6X10 DD, Sunray DX-1

Veteran Member

I collect old wooden baseball bats, wool baseball jerseys, books, anything related to George Washington and history.
    I also collect coins, (obviously), old tobacco baseball cards, bottles, records, University of Illinois homecoming items,
    or anything my wife of 20 years will let me as im 44 in March.

I collect everything,if it's old or cool i want it
    But actively collect old glass candy containers ..and.. seemingly pull tabs,or at least my detector thinks so lol
    And play MTG

Great Stuff everyone! Very nice fish Mike...your daughter looks like a natural.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I'll Probably be At The Airport"

Whites V3i 10DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1

Love to go river fishing,,,deer hunting with my son,,,,wood carving, 8/ 8/ did a LOT of trapshooting,,not so much now. One thing I dearly love to do,,,,AFTER I am done for the day in my cabinet shop,,,I love to make things for my family <: <: <: <:
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Veteran Member

i like making volkswagens go fast. call it a hobby or an obsession . i like turning wrenches on my dubs.. i have a 89 golf GTI 16V completely rebuilt ( by me ) and a 2003 golf GTI turbo . she's been slammed , chipped, boosted, reinforced, gutted and just plain loved.. at 5 inches off the ground the only thing she loves more than the whip is 93 octane fuel and a smooth hand ...... sorry i got carried away .. so to answer your question i like speed. swiss watches, german cars and well rounded american ladies ...did i mention metal detecting
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Love shooting my guns, just got a fishing kayak so that will be fun this spring. Build and repair computers just for fun, and reloading bullets !
    If at first you don't succeed, get the Government to Bail you out !

Prospecting is my number one hobby after Metal detecting.. Then I guess I would have to add, riding ATVs, shooting ,hunting, reloading and sitting in front of a computer on my favorite forums.
    Today is my day

In addition to metal detecting, I enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, violin making, piano playing, wood carving, antique firearms, old bottles, and a 1931 Model A.
    Tomorrow should be a great day, provided nothing stops me from preventing it from not happening.

Yup! Fly Fishin! Dirt Fishin! And cruisin my '63 Valiant. My first car, bought in '77.

I call these my 3 rods...
    “Today’s the Day!” the Motto of Mel other unit, world's most famous Treasure Hunter

I enjoy gardening. Here is a picture of me and my favorite variety of heirloom tomatoes. Brandywine!

These hit 10 feet by the end of the season. No better tasting tomato!

Fermenting beverages of any kind is close to my heart. Wines, meads, and Beer of coarse.

yummy! Good stuff.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    I enjoy gardening. Here is a picture of me and my favorite variety of heirloom tomatoes. Brandywine!

These hit 10 feet by the end of the season. No better tasting tomato!

Fermenting beverages of any kind is close to my heart. Wines, meads, and Beer of coarse.

yummy! Good stuff.

Jack

Wow you have a green thumb or real good soil

Hi Jack I've got five gallons in the primary myself
    It's bottling time