Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not happy....

Re: Not happy....

Thanks folks... I honestly feel like I've been kicked in the stomach over this. I just don't understand why he won't just stop using the name... He can take the theory behind the program and go wherever it takes him... but I came up with the name and it is associated with me.
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

He pulled the comment sections from the sites...

He's been pulling comments on my video's for a while now, he'll make several comments on the same video and pull all except for one, I thought that was kind of strange myself. I'm going to see if there is a way to block him from viewing and commenting on my public video's, if not then I'll just settle for him being blocked on my email.

Sounds like he is simply in it for the sale of the site name. Way, way too many people out there buying and selling domains for profit nowadays.

It is very inexpensive to buy one originally, and perhaps a slight variation to the name might just lock you in if you ever decided to get a site up.

Good luck Brian.... and more importantly, I wouldn't let this guy ruffle your feathers.

I stopped by whois just to see who owns the sites. While there I noticed that a few interesting domain names are available for about 10 bucks.

http://www.whois.net/whois/cladforkids.com

clad-for-kids.org
    is probably a better name for a non-profit and is available.

Also available are;
    clad-for-kids.com
    clad-for-kids.net
    cladforkids.net

In fact, keeping with the spirit of your endeavor, I'll gladly donate today's clad finds to help you purchase a proper domain name. Lets spend 10 bucks and have a bit of fun with the bottom feeder.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ec121connie View Post
    I stopped by whois just to see who owns the sites. While there I noticed that a few interesting domain names are available for about 10 bucks.

http://www.whois.net/whois/cladforkids.com

clad-for-kids.org
    is probably a better name for a non-profit and is available.

Also available are;
    clad-for-kids.com
    clad-for-kids.net
    cladforkids.net

In fact, keeping with the spirit of your endeavor, I'll gladly donate today's clad finds to help you purchase a proper domain name. Lets spend 10 bucks and have a bit of fun with the bottom feeder.

Regards,
    you do your homework , nicely done ec121connie
    and great jesture too. i too will contribute Brian so you can safely obtain a domain name just to thumb our nose at this looser.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Beefcake,

I agree with Connie. This guy is a clown. Wild West Domains, Inc..... he's just in it for the domain sale. He's not real smart cause if he wanted to lock it down, it would take a lot more effort than what he did.

Go register the domain so you can put it up properly and let your great idea continue to help others.

Kind Regards, Ken
    Minelab E-Trac, stock coil

Dont let it get you down Brian. Guy sounds like a complete loser. If he persists let me know. I know a guy who knows a guy.... He's from Jersey! He takes care of these sort of matters.
    Having fun is what it is all about!

What a schmutz.......Maybe someday he'll get a life...

I know Steves guy.. budda bing !!
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

That would be the last thing we need at this point. It would be much easier if he wanted to do something on his own without hijacking the name and the domain names (which he had the right to do legally...but morally it is much different. This would have easily been avoided if he had just asked me before he purchased the domains, but he didn't. At this point I think this will be the end of the project... It was a good thing while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    That would be the last thing we need at this point. It would be much easier if he wanted to do something on his own without hijacking the name and the domain names (which he had the right to do legally...but morally it is much different. This would have easily been avoided if he had just asked me before he purchased the domains, but he didn't. At this point I think this will be the end of the project... It was a good thing while it lasted.
    I am extremely sad to hear that you are giving up on it, just because of this idiot.

Frankly he was not going to ask you before buying the domain name, because that would have defeated his whole purpose. You would have then had an opportunity to purchase it.

You don't need that domain name, Brian. Just because he owns the domain means nothing. Register for clad-for-kids.com and set it up as your primary site for the project. Make it clear on your site that the other site was set up by a money-seeking predator who had absolutely no involvement in any phase of the project.

Just because he registered for the domain name does NOT mean that he can take over your idea! It's just a domain name, and despite it being a morally terrible thing to do, he was well within his legal rights to buy it. It just means he owns a domain name. It was not your domain so he had no obligation to ask you before purchasing it.

If you let this loser ruin the good work that you have done, he will have won. I don't think you are a quitter, and there is no reason to let this person affect your work at all.

If you need any help whatsoever, in purchasing the domain or setting up the website, please let me know. My son is a fabulous web site designer, and I am more than willing to help fund the domain.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Ditto on this side Brian. Funding it won't be a problem, it's rather cheap. Besides I can't stand that bad people always seem to win. I wish we had a pattent / trademark attorney on this site to give us the legal side of it. I still think he is in violation of using your name. The domain name we may not be able to do much with, but I hate to see next years needy families go without because of him. But it is your decision and we will back you either way Brian.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

You have a lot of support Beef. Count me in. Funding is not an issue as far as I am concerned.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Thank you all... I'm going to have to think about which way to take this.... I hate and I mean HATE the fact that this program has been hindered in any way by this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I hate and I mean HATE the fact that this program has been hindered in any way by this guy.
    It hasn't.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Nothing has changed Beef. It is the same as it was, and will continue to be in the future.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Count me in as well...this kind of clown can not be allowed to hinder all the good you have and will generate through your good will efforts! Don't let the selfishness of one keep the potential goodness for many from becoming a reality!!! Keep up the good fight my friend!!!

w.w.
    E-TRAC, V3i, DFX
    Oldest coin detected: 1854 half dollar

Candidate Member

For what it is worth, I will stand with you also. You must be a hell of a guy Brian. The people of this forum stand up for you...that's enough to convince me. Good luck and please keep us posted on future developments

capt..
    Lineboat captain by trade, metal detectorist by choice. USANG vet. 1986-94. May God bless our men and women in uniform.