Thread: Resizing Photos for the Forum!

Resizing Photos for the Forum!

Howdy Folks!
    I've seen several folks who wrote about having trouble getting the size of a photo right so it can be displayed on the forum in a post or reply.

While this particular video shows how that can be done easily with the program I use, it can also be done just as easily with any photo edit program. Windows comes with a program of its own called paint, and it also will allow you to resize your photos for the forum. I've found that 640 x 480 pixels is just about ideal, and it gives your photo plenty of room without being too large.

See the video where I demonstrate how to resize a photo so you can post it to the forum.

Photo Resizing for a Forum.mp4

Hope this helps anybody who has run into the problem of posting photos and gives you a leap forward in getting your shots sized right for display on the American Detectorist.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Re: Resizing Photos for the Forum!

Bless you, Mel. You are a man among men. I'm about to try this. The only hang up I can anticipate is having a program that resizes. However, since I have Adobe Photoshop, which I paid big money for, this should (I say....this should......I say....this should) not be a problem....let's see....humm....my best coin...humm....

to be continued on Mel's post for &quotest Coin...

Howdy Pard!
    PhotoShop certainly will resize.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Mel, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the well done and informative video
    Whites M6, Eclipse 6X10 DD, Sunray DX-1

Here is a link showing how to use the paint program that is part of your windows system that you can use to resize simple and you don't need another seperate program to do it.

http://www.jerrylabella.com/paint_how_to.htm
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Bless you, Mel. You are a man among men. I'm about to try this. The only hang up I can anticipate is having a program that resizes. However, since I have Adobe Photoshop, which I paid big money for, this should (I say....this should......I say....this should) not be a problem....let's see....humm....my best coin...humm....

to be continued on Mel's post for &quotest Coin...
    Photoshop is a very powerful photo editing program. Much beyond what the average user would need.... but full of features and abilities.

You can set up 'Actions' to do just about anything. Once you tell the Action what to do, it becomes just a button click.

For instance... all the photos I post on here come from Aperture and Photoshop. Aperture is my photo editing program and Photoshop is my pixel editing program. Aperture is also my digital asset management program (DAM).

My workflow for American Detectorist takes about 10 seconds start to finish. Once I download the picture of my 'find' into Aperture, I quickly adjust the image for Brightness, Contrast and Color Temp. Then with a click of a button it goes to Photoshop. Once in Photoshop I click one action button that resizes and puts a black border on and resaves the image back to Aperture where I post it online for AM to be included in a post.

Like you said, you paid some money for Photoshop... you might as well use it. Or better put... you bought a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 500.... time to take her out on the highway. lol

Let me know if you need help setting up a 'one click' action button. I'd be more than happy to send you the action to import into your system.

Veteran Member

Good Video Mel !! it will certainly help Folks !! Well Done
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

Hey all,
    There is a free program to re-size pics. It re-sizes one or many pics at a time. I am not promoting a program, I just want to share something helpful. It is called PIXresizer. I don't even remember where I got it from but you could find it by conducting a search in any search engine.

Linda
    Garretts AT Pro, Garretts GTI 2500,with Pro package, Garretts GT1 1500, & 3 Garretts pro pointers

Quote Originally Posted by mike l View Post
    Mel, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the well done and informative video
    Howdy Mike!
    Well, you're half right anyhow.
    And you are very welcome.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535