Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: White's Spectra Vision (V3)

Re: White's Spectra V3 Vision

thanks for the invite jack.. ive been here quite a few times checkin things out. and did 1 pass about 4 ft wide 40 ft long. first used to other programs and followed up with your correlate.. the area has been pounded good. found a few clad the first 2 passes then went over with yours and picked up a few more nothin real deep but couldnt believe i didnt see them on first passes. 1 signal was a nice solid 90 at 6 inces. i dug a nice plug and folded over pass coil over hole and plug there was nothin. i couldnt believe it.. i knew i had a solid 90. well i dug out some dirt put out on towel and nothin. i dug a little deeper and noticed a little pin like on the back of a medal or such. very small. then i found a gold lapel pin not very big at all. it looks like gold but who knows anyways it said cheerleader on it. and was in great shaoe other than i mustve knocked the pin off the back diggin. i was really impressed how small it was and your program found it. thanks again for the great info and invite to a great web site. good hunting

You are quite welcome Johno! Welcome to the forum. I am glad the program is working for you. Thanks for the nice post. I look forward to hearing about your results in the future. I have been a bit inactive do to work and life in general, but I am getting hunt time on a regular basis now, and I am looking forward to sharing more information on the V3. Talk to you soon.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Just bought a V3i a couple weeks ago and enjoying so far. I've been reading this thread (lurking) A lot of what I'm reading here on this thread goes over my head, so thus not responded. Rigorous honesty huh? lol

I'm loving the &quotook of Jack, slowly but surely learning more and more about my wonderful machine. I get out and swing at least a couple hours a day and have been digging less and less trash each day (learning what's iron and bigger trash- that's a biggy, I love reading the graph!!!) Now if I can better learn the can slaw, pop tabs and crushed bottle caps! Had been trying to use Jack's tips in this arena, on the diff between 2.5k and 22.5k for bottle caps, but then noticed he says this is with DD coil. I only have D2 coil so far, am buying a 6 DD coil next week.

Anyway, I guess no questions yet- just wanted to say hi and yes I'm watching
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Tana Your D2 coil is a DD Coil. The difference of the 2.5 and 22.5 will be when you pull the trigger as to what shows dominate,The green for a coin ,blue gold or trash. By a 6 inch coil I hope you're getting the Whites 5.3 it is concentric but will be very valuable at this time for your hunting and it is 6 inch.It also is capable of good depth. I just wish it was cooler so I can hunt a little. Yazoo

Tana...After you get pretty comfortable with the factory programs, try putting Yazoo's program to work. It has quickly become one of my favorites, especially in the minerialized soil around here.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

I have to agree on Yazoo's program. I loaded it up and really like it. This is a great program to start with. I am using it with my 112 SEF right now.

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Jack's Correlate Program

Fans and followers of Jack's correlate program can see the latest version and Jack's comments on a new thread...

http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...p?topic=1860.0

There's some good new dialogue there.

(The Book of Jack has been updated too.)
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Re: White's Spectra Vision (V3)

The New D2 coil is working great. I have started doing some comparisons with my V-Rated 6X9 Eclipse coil. I have to admit this coil is very stable, even in high EMI situations. I can get the coil to wrap and break up on a Wheat penny at 8 inches. If I include -95 and -94 and adjust the tones it will hit very nicely, but then becomes noisy to hunt with. This is very reminiscent of the 112 SEF coil. At 9 inches it will also wrap and break up the target response. The D2 is rock solid at these depths. I am have a trashy spot in the park that I will try and hunt this weekend with the 6X9. Should be interesting.

Jack

Hello, new to this forum.Looks very informative. I was thinking of trying Jack's Correlate program. Can someone tell me how to get to the Custom Tone ID mode on the V3? Thanks....Clutch Cargo

Press Menu Twice “in quick succession” ARROW down to Expert Menu, and press ENTER.

ARROW down to Audio, and press ENTER

ARROW down to Tone I.D. Mode, and press ENTER

ARROW down to Custom, and press ENTER

Depending on what version of the manual you have it should be on Page 35 or 49.

Jack

Hello everyone!I have a couple ?'s about V3 i figure some of you can help with.
    1.) How do you tell what number your V3 is? I have seen people post that theirs is #43 or #16.

2.) I got mine on E-bay and it's still version 1.1 and i'm guessing that nobody else is still running 1.1 without an update?

3.) I hear people saying that they got an upgrade and then theirs didn't work as good.
    And that bothers me.

ThanX RaZR (john)
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

I was never aware they were numbered myself, I always figured there was the Vision, V3 & V3i. Mine is a V3i but the case that came with it is marked V3, I figure its one that Whites used from their stockpile which is no problem cause it works great.

Mine is an original Vision. And i'm going to take it south with me. Then i may send it in for the upgrade.
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage link=topic=49.msg11663#msg11663 date=1266539356
    Here is another variation of the Correlate program. This time designed to work with the stock D2 coil. This program does not use any discrimination what so ever. Instead, the custom tone settings keep the undesirable targets quiet. The idea is that even with slow recovery time near by bad targets will have less masking effect on a near by good target. This is the program I used on my last hunt when finding the Seated Liberty Dime.

Choose the Coin & Jewelry from the presets and make the following changes...

Discrimination
    Accept (-95 to +95)
    Reject (nothing)

Notes: Set your accept range to include all numbers

Sensitivity
    Rx Gain (9-10)
    Discrimination (92-93)
    All Metal (78)

Notes: Set your sensitivity to where your detector is stable. Do not sacrifice Discrimination sensitivity for Rx Gain. Keep the Discrimination sensitivity as high as possible. To much RX Gain will cause more problems with deep iron sounding like good targets.

Ground Tracking
    Speed (15)

Frequency
    Correlate (ON)
    Span (25)
    Wrap (-94)

Filter & Speed
    Ground Filter (5Hz Band Pass)
    Recovery Delay (115)

Audio
    Tone ID (ON)
    Modulation (OFF)

Set your Tone ID Mode to Custom and make the following changes...

-95 to -1 = 0 and set +95 to 0 as well

Notes: Essentially what is happening here is we are using the 0 setting to make non desirable targets quiet and give no audio response. You can set any VDI range to 0 to not hear a response.

Swing that coil slow and in about 4 foot passes. Make a pass in both directions over the same ground before overlapping for your next swing. Keep that coil on or slightly off the surface
    Hope this helps you out.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    I tried loading this program but am stuck ,Where do I locate tone ID and modulation.

Also how do I chage the pin point to polar plot?

I'm at a loss here thanks for any help.