Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Finds Review - January Through March

Re: 2010 Finds Review - January Through March

You had an amazing year no doubt on the Silver.. What I did love was following your hunts you did shallow water hunting. I was amazed at what you found. Since I got a better handle on my E-Trac, I'm looking forward to hunting once all this snow goes away, been horrible huh.. Save some Silver for me in those Connecticut Parks

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
    Awesome past few years Angel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giant056 View Post
    Angel you sure got some amazing finds for 2010 a big congrats on a heck of a year!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Congrats Angel,words just don't do it Bud ,you don't get those finds sitting home,for the most part i like to ring hunt..Where i live most places are hammered years before i got into tecting,silver is still out there and you prove it ,it gives us all hope,I'm thinking 2011 will be a great year for me too,can't wait to see what you do this season,charge up those batterys and get to tecting,Dave
    All New England parks have been hit hard over the years, but many still hold plenty of good targets. It's just that they are mixed in with trash. It gives us all a chance to make some good finds though. I wish you much success in your hunts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Great pics. and coins and the other stuff too
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan/tn View Post
    Wow
    I think i just found my favorite thread
    Simply incredible!!!!
    Thanks Greg and Evan.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Yep, I'm gonna follow Angel around this year just so I can up my clad count I remember watching those posts go by and after about 300 silvers it all got blurry eyed It's a good thing for you to relax a bit this year. I can't wait for the parks to open up and for a couple of hunts with you. I am chompin' at the bit for some nice grass, park hunting. Great year

There is one park we should hit in early spring to take advantage of the damp soil. The finds are scarce, but old.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    I can't believe these photos are representative of only January thru March!

The photos have me drooling. Simply amazing. I always love your end of year posts, but this year is going to beat all of them by a longshot.
    Thanks Angie. I just posted many of the finds from April and May. I hope to have June and July posted in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleGM View Post
    awesome 3 months Angel guess Ill have to take the blinders off and have a look at one of those E Tracs, Well Done!!!!
    Thank you Dale!

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post
    Great post Angel... nice and tidy.

It is simply amazing what you have pulled from the hunted out parks.

Thanks for posting your stats too... very interesting to read through.

Congrats on a great season and good luck this year.
    One thing I have proven to myself over the years is that most sites do still hold silver. Thanks Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff (or) View Post
    Terrific post! Thank you for sharing, excellent pics and finds!!!
    Thanks Jeff. It was fun reliving the hunts while gathering the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by odave View Post
    Outstanding Angel !!! I've never seen anybody find the Silvers like You !!

Congratulations on all the Finds and Awesome Post !!!
    I'm looking Forward to seeing Your finds in 2011
    Thank you Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    as if i wasn't climbing the walls enough here.I knew i shouldn't have clicked on this thread at this time
    what a MOMENTOUS year you had Angel! just utterly amazing. ok how do i get slobber out of my keyboard

Hey, while going over my finds from April I saw that you had predicted 1,000 silver coins by the end of the year. Nice call Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    Been waiting for this first one........nothing can be said!!
    Thank you Ron!

Quote Originally Posted by Bell-Two View Post
    Can't wait for the next installment, man I need a MD fix real bad!
    I just posted my finds from April and May.

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    You had an amazing year no doubt on the Silver.. What I did love was following your hunts you did shallow water hunting. I was amazed at what you found. Since I got a better handle on my E-Trac, I'm looking forward to hunting once all this snow goes away, been horrible huh.. Save some Silver for me in those Connecticut Parks
    Shallow water detecting is fun for sure. It was nice to have been able to take advantage of the lower water levels at the lakes and ponds. You should do very well in your hunts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve View Post
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
    Awesome past few years Angel!!!
    Thanks Steve!

Elite Member

simply amazing!

It's all you and George's fault I went and bought an E-Trac.....hated it at first...but right as the season was ending we began to hit it off...it truely is an amazing machine...

A new hunting buddy and I hit an old 1800's house, the guy said several people had been there already but we were free to look, we were only there half an hour I dug a merc in the same hole as 2 nails, 2 wheats and a silver roosie

However, it's not just the machine but the operator too...and you are one hell of an operator! Congrats on a GREAT year and looking forward to what you pull out this year!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    simply amazing!

It's all you and George's fault I went and bought an E-Trac.....hated it at first...but right as the season was ending we began to hit it off...it truely is an amazing machine...

A new hunting buddy and I hit an old 1800's house, the guy said several people had been there already but we were free to look, we were only there half an hour I dug a merc in the same hole as 2 nails, 2 wheats and a silver roosie

However, it's not just the machine but the operator too...and you are one hell of an operator! Congrats on a GREAT year and looking forward to what you pull out this year!
    Hi Rob! It's good to hear from you! Yeah, last year was a good one for me. It is one I will definitely always remember.

I have no doubt that you will do well with the E-Trac. It can take some getting used to at first, but it looks like you are starting to click with it.

Thanks Rob!

Great hunting Angel! And I got to watch it all happen all year long...

But, I still don't see your book out yet though...

Your coins are great, of course, but I think the bracelet piece with the inlaid gold is my fave - really neat! Very tribal... kinda has an Egyptian feel to it..

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post

Great hunting Angel! And I got to watch it all happen all year long...

But, I still don't see your book out yet though...

Your coins are great, of course, but I think the bracelet piece with the inlaid gold is my fave - really neat! Very tribal... kinda has an Egyptian feel to it..
    Thanks Tana. I do like that bracelet piece too. I had worked the site well in the hopes of finding the rest of it, but I came up empty. I think the piece I found may have been the best part.

San Francisco, by way of Orange County, CA

Aha, this is the post I've been looking for... It was right in front of my eyes the whole time!

Well, I'm not sure if there's much more that needs to be said. Simply incredible. A picture of what a master of that machine can accomplish in the right kind of parks.

Ahhh... Barbers, seateds, Large Cents, even busts...

Well done sir.
    Jayson in San Francisco, swinging my dirty Ex. II

Quote Originally Posted by staydetuned View Post
    Aha, this is the post I've been looking for... It was right in front of my eyes the whole time!

Well, I'm not sure if there's much more that needs to be said. Simply incredible. A picture of what a master of that machine can accomplish in the right kind of parks.

Ahhh... Barbers, seateds, Large Cents, even busts...

Well done sir.
    Thank you Jayson! It was definitely a very fun year.

This is the second time that I have reviewed this post. The first time I was speechless. This time all I can say is , what a year you had. It seems that nothing got by you. All those multiple silver days, and most of them with great coins. That Etrac works very well under your guidance. Congrats on a fantastic year and your posts this year are always a joy to read. Gives people like me hope. Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this post.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=3903.msg69302#msg69302 date=1305654465
    This is the second time that I have reviewed this post. The first time I was speechless. This time all I can say is , what a year you had. It seems that nothing got by you. All those multiple silver days, and most of them with great coins. That Etrac works very well under your guidance. Congrats on a fantastic year and your posts this year are always a joy to read. Gives people like me hope. Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this post.

Thank you. It was fun putting together the posts as they allowed me to review and relive many of those hunts.

Well, there goes my high from finding a Barber dime. Maybe I'll start collecting stamps again.

That is just an amazing collection of coins. Definitely an inspiration for others.

Thanks for sharing.

BTW - you don't give lessons in MD do you?

Bob

All I can say is...OMG!!! Super!